3 Problems - Blog Images, Related Articles & Comment Section

Hi,

(seems there was a submit problem, so i repost the topic again)
i am working with your beatiful shapely theme since a few days. I managed many things so far. But i have three Problems.

Problem #1
The Blog and Post images i select don´t show up. There is allways the placeholder.jpg wich makes the blog very ugly. I´ve had to disable them via Additional CSS. But somehow the related item thumbail shows up in some posts allthough i have used

.related-item-thumbnail {
display: none;
}

Example: http://chuckruh.com/2018/06/official-video-lone-souls-istanblues

Questions to Problem #1

A) How can i (or you? :-)) fix the placeholder problem, to show my selected pictures?
B) How can i fix the related item thumbnail problem, to show the right picture or to disable the thumbnail?

Problem #2

In this example it seems to appear two related articles sections one after the other. First says just related, the second says Related Articles (with the thumbnail problem)
Example: http://chuckruh.com/2018/06/tash-sultana-jungle-live-bedroom-recording

Question to Problem #2

How can i show only one related posts

Problem #3

The comment section comes after related posts? Is that intended?

Question to Problem #3

How can i slide the comment section up, so it comes right below the article itself? Makes more sense to me. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards.

Hi there

1. can i see this problem? please remove all your custom css
    2.right now i see only one related posts but most probably this is from jetpack and you can disable it from the jetpack
  2. yes that’s how it should work and without customization of the template you cant move it anywhere

Hi Noda,

thanks for your quick reply

1. I deleted all custom CSS. It is now like before. And only placeholders show up again.
    Example: http://chuckruh.com/indie-music-blog

2. I have attached a screen shot. Ok, i will try it. Thank you.

3. Understood. I noticed that users who don’t scroll down far enough won’t see the comments section. On the other hand, if someone replies to a post, they may want to read the post again at a certain point. When scrolling up and down, the related posts will always get in the way. Not very practical, I think. Is this a big issue if i would like to change that? Making comments right under the post. I am not a programmer or coder, btw. :slight_smile:

Best regards.

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch.
In relation to the outlined questions:

1. I’m yet not quite certain why the images are not displayed as they do not seem to be rendered within your code. However, if you wish to have them hidden, please use the following CSS codes:

.blog img.wp-post-image {
display: none !important;
}
.blog iframe {
}
.blog .wp-caption {
}

1. What we can possibly do is have this set as a feature request to be reviewed.

I look forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Support.

Hi,

hope your doing well.

1. I’m yet not quite certain why the images are not displayed as they do not seem to be rendered within your code. However, if you wish to have them hidden, please use the following CSS codes:

Sorry to say, but somehow your code didn´t worked that well. I am fine with that so far.

.single-blog-image {
}
.wp-post-image {
}
.shapely-category {
}
.related-item-thumbnail {
}

3. What we can possibly do is have this set as a feature request to be reviewed.
That would be cool. Do i have to set a feature request by myself now or have you already written it down somewhere? Sorry, i am just new here. :-)

Thanks for your help. Have a nice day.

Best Regards.

Hello there,

Do you have a featured image assigned to the posts in the related posts section? If not please assign one.

You can add a feature request here:

Best Regards,
Support