504 Error after clicking Submit for XML demo file

Import 504 Error question. I’m updating my website, but can’t get past importing the XML file. These are the steps I’m following: Shapely Theme Documentation - Colorlib
After I choose admin then check the download box in Import, I click submit then most of the dashboard goes blank before it times out with the 504 error. I’ve already restarted my modem and router and tried hardwiring in and doing this several times. I’ve disabled the proxy and flushed the DNS cache

The exact error: 504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn’t respond in time.

Does anyone here know what to do to fix this? Do I contact my hosting provider Namecheap or Colorlib? Or try again tonight when maybe traffic is lower?

My hosting company tried increasing the limits and still got an error:

According to my check, there are no PHP error logs that are being generated. To my regret, it is necessary to contact the developer of the theme for further investigation.

Is there anything you’re able to assist with? Is it having issues downloading the demo data from Colorlib servers?

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
This is server-side error and it’s not your hardware related problem, there is nothing we can do in this case because if you met such problem you have to handle this with your server support, you can check my answer by searching your error in the internet, you will find explanation of what “504 Gateway Time-out”
Have you tried to import only content? I mean, without media, this is checkmark when you upload XML file on the second step, please also deactivate all plugins during import process
This process is tried many many times and what i can say for sure it does not has any bugs or glitches, even more, this is WordPress territory

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team