88 Radio Theme broken

I purchased theme last night but its not uploading properly. Wordpress says theme is broken:

Broken Themes
The following themes are installed but incomplete.

Name Description
88/css Template is missing. Standalone themes need to have a index.php template file. Child themes need to have a Template header in the style.css stylesheet.

what do i need to do to get it working?

Hey there

Its HTML template and you cant install HTML templates in WordPress, that’s the reason

thx for getting back. Yeah I saw another post on here. I ended up trying to teach myself how to do it without wordpress.

i got brackets for editing, and themes looking pretty good. I only have 2 questions about the theme:

1. Is there a way to edit elements in multiple pages at once? For example, the header and footer - must you repeat any changes in every single html page?

2. On the actual theme, where is the sound is sourced from on the ‘latest podcast’ element of the home page, so i can swap it out?

I really know nothing about computers but am on verge of uploading the site, so if you have links with info/instructions it would be appreciated!

Hey there

thank you for your interest :slight_smile:

1. In HTML templates this is not possible unless you not implement some PHP features to load one file for header, footer, or any other part of the website
  2. in which template and where exactly?

Well, there are many methods of do this, this is one of them:

thx.

have a look on this link: https://colorlib.com/preview/#eighty8

then look at middle of page where it says ‘latest’ podcasts. I think i found how to do it, maybe by cheating. I renamed the music file i want to use to ‘music-clip.mp3’ and it seemed to work.

but what if i want to have 2 or 3 podcasts showing in that section, how would I link the music in the folder to it?

thx

You just need to copy/past html part of this section in the html template and rename the file references into the code :slight_smile: