A few questions...

Tried searching the forum for these answers but didn’t have much luck…

1. With the menu, you have to click to expand it to get the dropdown menu. Does it not expand when you hover over it?

2. When I click on a link in the main menu, it expands the dropdown, but it doesn’t go to the page that the menu item is set to.

3. Footer…it’s stuck in the middle of the page. On short pages it’s at the bottom, but anything that involves scrolling it sits in the middle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @sterlinggaming,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1) With the menu, you have to click to expand it to get the dropdown menu. Does it not expand when you hover over it?
  1. When I click on a link in the main menu, it expands the dropdown, but it doesn’t go to the page that the menu item is set to.

Yes by default this is how it works.

You can make it to expand when you hover over it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Apperance -> Theme Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.menu-item-has-children:hover > ul {
  display: block;
}

Also to make it go to the page that the menu item is set to, try using the attached small plugin.

3) Footer…it’s stuck in the middle of the page. On short pages it’s at the bottom, but anything that involves scrolling it sits in the middle.

It’s working fine on my test site using latest version of Unite theme.

Could you please share the page URL from your site where you are facing the issue so that i can help you to resolve it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

thanks for your answers to sterlinggaming and the informations. I found this post as I´ve same or similar issues.

You can make it to expand when you hover over it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.
I tried this custom css but it´s not working. The menu doesn´t open when I hover over it
Also to make it go to the page that the menu item is set to, try using the attached small plugin.
I´m looking for this function as well but I can´t download the plugin and receive a firewal error messange. Is there any alternative download or plugin?

In addition I wonder why my menu edit windows looks different to the examples I found on several pages:
In I modify a menu point I can only modify the name and the position. In many examples there are possibilities to add css, attributes, navigation label, description …

Version information of my webpage:
wordpress 4.4.1
unite 1.6.1

I hope you can help me - sorry if I missed some obvious topics - I´m a WP beginner :-/.

Thanks and BR
frawen