add additonal post meta information & remove [read more] button

I am displaying full posts (not post excerpts) on my main blog page, but the READ MORE button still appears. Clicking on the READ MORE button then re-displays the full post with the addition of the categories and tags information.

I’d like to add the categories and tags information to posts on the main blog page and eliminate the READ MORE button. Is there a way to add categories and tags to the main page - ideally below the post?

thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @lisaac,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by using the attached child theme of Sparkling theme.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you for the help @Movin. I will download that file and may get back to you if I have any questions.

Regards,

lisaac

Hi @Movin,

Thnak you again. After looking at the changes, I think the category information would look better at the top of the post (next to the date, author, etc.).

I attempted a change on my own, and it looks okay, but can you confirm that I’ve have made the edits correctly? I am not very familiar with coding.

In the content.php file, I took this part of the code:

<?php
/* translators: used between list items, there is a space after the comma */
$categories_list = get_the_category_list( __( ', ‘, ‘sparkling’ ) );
if ( $categories_list && sparkling_categorized_blog() ) :
?>
<span class=“cat-links”><i class=“fa fa-folder-open-o”></i>
<?php printf( __( ’ %1$s’, ‘sparkling’ ), $categories_list ); ?>
</span>
<?php endif; // End if categories ?>

cut it from it’s current location, and inserted it above this line:

<?php edit_post_link( __( ‘Edit’, ‘sparkling’ ), ‘<i class=“fa fa-pencil-square-o”></i><span class=“edit-link”>’, ‘</span>’ ); ?>

It’s displaying the way I want, I just want to make sure I didn’t screw up some functionality!

thank you again for your help.

Hi lisaac,

Yes you did it correctly.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Movin