'Add comment' and 'prev/next article' button colour

Hi all,

I have a small issue with the buttons reported in topic title:
they are of “my” color #960014 (and I dont’ remember if and where I changed it) but on hover they are purple and I would like to change it.
Moreover, in the prev/next article button there is a text like “&titolo”, is it possible to change it?
Here is the page I’m talking about:
http://www.matrimoniorea.it/index.php/2016/04/26/pronta-la-prima/

Thanks for your support,
Roberto

Hi Roberto,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

they are of “my” color #960014 (and I dont’ remember if and where I changed it) but on hover they are purple and I would like to change it.

Are you talking about the hover color of links?

If yes then you can change it from the theme option “Element color on hover” on the following path as shown in the attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Unite Options -> Layout options

Moreover, in the prev/next article button there is a text like “&titolo”, is it possible to change it?

Yes it’s possible to change it by translating the theme as described on the following page.

That text is not displayed on the buttons by default so have you changed it by translating the theme?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

I’ve changed the hover color of elements, I didn’t see it was set as default, it was my oversight.

About the text of the button under the article, I’ve never translated the theme, I simply chose Italian in Settings->General->Site language.
But it’s strange to note that when I change the site language in English, the text inside the button is “Pronta la prima”, the true title of the article the button links to!
I add a screenshot of this.

Thanks, bye
Roberto

I have tested it on my test site by setting site language to italian but it’s working fine for me as shown in the attached screenshots.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

With all plugins deactivated, and language set to italian, the button looks like the previous screenshot, with “%titolo” in it.

Please try deleting and reinstalling fresh version of Unite theme and also reinstall the WordPress on your site.

Hi Movin,

I updated to WordPress 4.5.2, deleted and reinstalled Unite theme but the button has still the strange text in it ( http://www.matrimoniorea.it/index.php/2016/05/05/ed-ecco-anche-la-seconda/ ). Also with all plugins deactivated.
I tried to preview my site with other themes I have installed and all of them give the button at the end of the article with the correct text (i.e. the title of the prev/next article)!

Bye,
Roberto

Hi Roberto,

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,
I thank you in advance for taking the time to this issue! :wink:
The site login details are the following:
username: rdbdesi
pw: [email protected]

Can I take the opportunity to report another bug I found yesterday?
If I activate Easy Bootsrap Shortcode plugin, the link to pages “Chiesa” and “Ricevimento” - under “Luoghi” in the menu - don’t appear on hover or by clicking on Luoghi.

Thank you very much!
Roberto

Thanks for sharing the site details.

I have resolved the issue on your site by changing the theme function unite_post_nav as following in the theme file /inc/template-tags.php

function unite_post_nav() {
	// Don't print empty markup if there's nowhere to navigate.
	$previous = ( is_attachment() ) ? get_post( get_post()->post_parent ) : get_adjacent_post( false, '', true );
	$next     = get_adjacent_post( false, '', false );

if ( ! $next && ! $previous ) {
		return;
	}
	?>
	<nav class="navigation post-navigation" role="navigation">
		<h1 class="screen-reader-text"><?php _e( 'Post navigation', 'unite' ); ?></h1>
		<div class="nav-links">
			<?php
				previous_post_link( '<div class="nav-previous">%link</div>', '<i class="fa fa-chevron-left"></i> %title', 'Previous post link', 'unite' );
				next_post_link(     '<div class="nav-next">%link</div>',     '%title <i class="fa fa-chevron-right"></i>', 'Next post link',     'unite' );
			?>
		</div><!-- .nav-links -->
	</nav><!-- .navigation -->
	<?php
}

Can I take the opportunity to report another bug I found yesterday? If I activate Easy Bootsrap Shortcode plugin, the link to pages “Chiesa” and “Ricevimento” – under “Luoghi” in the menu – don’t appear on hover or by clicking on Luoghi.

Have you configured the Easy Bootsrap Shortcode plugin as described in the bottom of the below page?

Thank you very much for the resolution of the issue! :wink:

I changed the EBS plugin settings and now everything seems to be ok.

Bye

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

I had the same problem, thanks a lot Movin.
Giuliano

You are also always welcome here :slight_smile: