Add New Section/Page to site

I’m familiar with Wordpress, I’m using the demo site and just tweaked the site as it is, but i just can’t figure out how to add a new section ?? I’m baffled but i’m sure it is a very simple thing i’m missing. Right now i have the standard ABOUT, PROJECTS, Testimonials, OUR SERVICES, LATEST NEWS, TEAM AND CONTACT. Lets say i want to create a new page with information on it that i want to add to section under PROJECTS, Please explain how to do it as your videos only explain how to edit what you have already doesn’t explain how to create new one. Thanks you :slight_smile:

Hello @tolovet,

Unfortunately, creating new sections is not possible in Illdy theme.
You must deal with what the homepage has to offer and if needed, using additional plugins/shortcodes to build your other pages.

Best regards

First thanks for you fast replay. So at its current state, the demo is they way it is and there is no way to add a new title section correct ?

Hello @tolovet,

You are right, there’s no option in the Appearances > Customize to add more custom sections to the homepage.

There’s always custom work alternatives, where you can code another section to be included in the front page, if you are comfortable doing that.

Regards

If it’s not possible to add sections from "Customise"page, then is it possible to add section from Editor??

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can add another section using the Editor however you would have to enlist the aid of a developer to do so because doing this would require a major addition of new code to add the section and have it function properly.

Best Regards,
Support

I’d like to add two text field “address” & “email” instead of the “Learn more” button. And change the “download” button to “submit”. Once User filled that 2 field and click submit, data will email to a email address.

Can you briefly tell me how can I do that on Editor? I do have some knowledge of html and a bit coding, I think I could follow your steps. Please kindly advice! Thanks a lot!

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

In order to customize these buttons, you’ll need to go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Sections > Jumbotron Sections.

From “First Button Title”, you should have the fields to change both buttons (titles and links).

Please let me know if there are any other questions that I may help with. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

I just tested out the Easy Google Fonts plugin and it’s pretty amazing.

Basically, you’re able to create a control and add all the selectors that you’d like to have a certain font (you do this in Settings > Google Fonts).
When you’re done doing that, you’ll then go to Appearance > Customize > Typography and then select and customize the font you’d like to use.

The only catch to using this plugin is that you’ll need to check the CSS (using inspect element in your browser) to get the selector that the text you’d like to change is using (h1, h2, h3, p, a, etc).

Kindly try it out and see if it works.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support