Add the contact me form to its own page

Hi there,

How do I add the contact me form to its own page

Thanks,

Tim

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You would have to go to Contact > Contact Forms select the form you want to use and copy that forms shortcode then create a new page and paste the code in the new page. That’s it.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi!

Thanks!
But where / how do I access the forms short code? I’m new to this stuff

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

You can access the forms shortcode from that same location i.e. Contact > Contact Forms - there should be a shortcode listed on the shortcode column of that list.

If you click on the edit option that shows up then you will open the form edit page are where you can edit details of the form like the form fields etc. This by the way is a plugin and not really part of the theme. The theme however has been made to work well with that plugin - contact form 7. That is why its recommended to use it for your form needs with the theme.

The plugin’s own documentation is here - Docs | Contact Form 7 - and should help you get started on how it works.

Hope this clears things up.

Hi there,

How do I make it so that only the drop down pages are active and not the menu heading itself?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

If you’re new, you can try this plugin “Contact Form 7” and follow the docs here: Docs | Contact Form 7

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Tim

“How do I make it so that only the drop down pages are active and not the menu heading itself?” - mm, sorry but not clearly understand this question, can you clarify it a little bit?

Hi Noda,

So you see in the image attached. When I click on the ‘portfolio’ in the main menu it opens the portfolio page. I just want it to let the user pick from the drop-down menu only

Does that make sense?

Tim

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the following CSS code to deactivate the parent link in the drop down menu by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Disable hover link*/
.main-navigation .menu li a:hover {
    pointer-events: none;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I deactivated the parent link and that seems to have worked initially. But now the navigation bar takes to or three clicks to work. It doesn’t work on mobile. Please help

Thanks,

Tim

Is it possible to add thumbnails (see attached) for each of my portfolio pieces which will open up and allow the user to scroll through the piece

Thanks,

Tim

HI @timos

Sorry but without third-party plugins or custom written page im not sure if its possible, you may need to search for third party page builder plugin to build grid like you have it on the screenshot,

HI @timos

Sorry but without third-party plugins or custom written page im not sure if its possible, you may need to search for third party page builder plugin to build grid like you have it on the screenshot,

Thanks Noda!

I wanted to deactivate one nav bar for a drop down menu but it seems to have affected all the nav bar. I used this code. How do I fix it?

/Disable hover link/
.main-navigation .menu li a:hover {
pointer-events: none;
}

Thanks,

Tim

Hi there,

How do I add social buttons like behance and LinkedIn to the footer?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

1. For that CSS to deactivate a specific nav bar, could we get the name of the menu item you want to disable and the link to the page where you have this navigation menu.

2. There is a video here Shapely Theme Documentation - Colorlib on section 9 to add those social icons. If it does not appear then you would need to customize the theme and that’s not really within our support.

Thanks.

Hi

The portfolio link needs to be disabled at http://www.timosullivan.ie

Tim

Hi Tim,

To disable the Portfolio menu item there use this CSS:

li#menu-item-27 a[title="Portfolio"]{
   pointer-events:none;
}

This disables clicks on it but the drop down will still show.
If this is not what you wanted then clarify what you are wanting to do on the menu item.

Thanks.

Hi,

One of my pages seems to have disappeared? I didn’t delete it. Can it be recovered?

Tim

Hello there,

It may be in the trash, you should see a link called “Trash” on the top of pages listing section.

• Click on that link which will take you the section where all the trashed pages/posts are listed.

• Select the pages/posts using the checkboxes against them.

• Select Restore from Bulk Actions dropdown, then hit the Apply button.

• Now go to pages/posts listing section and you should see the trashed pages/posts published again.

Best Regards,
Support