Adding a header image to a blog page

Hello,

My website is not live yet so i cannot add the link to it but have attached a screen shot below. I was hoping to add a header image to the top of a blog page approximately where the red box is so it doesn’t just say the “food” at the top.

The blog page is actually a category page (our site has 2 category sites that are acting as separate blog spaces). When looking online and doing a google search, it seems like there should be a place to add a header image when you are in Posts>Categories>editing the particular category but it doesn’t show that for me.

I am a total beginner so if you could keep this response in layman’s terms or as simple as possible, that would be awesome!

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Im so sorry to say but there is no natural way to add image at that location :frowning: customization of the template is necessary to achieve this goal, i have only one easy idea, please add this css in appearance > customize > additional css:

.category-post-formats #main > .page-header {
    background-image: url(https://cdn.colorlib.com/activello/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2015/11/photo-1438109491414-7198515b166b1.jpg);
    padding: 20px;
}

Please note, you have to change image url in this code :slight_smile: and instead of “category-post-formats” you must use “category-yourpostcategory”

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team