Adding links to the Footer Sidebars

Hi Ion,

I’m having trouble adding links to the footer sidebars at the bottom of the page. When I click the add link button it just adds a blue underline but doesn’t allow me to type in an address.

I went to Customize>Widgets>Footer Sidebar where I have 3 (Footer Sidebars).
Are those the correct widgets to use?

Thanks,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are currently seeing in the footer?

It seems to me that you should create a menu in Appearances > Menus and then select that menu inside the footer widget.

Regards

Hi Ion,

I was trying to do what you mentioned, going to Appearances>Menu and created a menu.
I created a menu and added 2 pages on the left: Blog and the Contact Us for the links. (I was going a little out of order from the rest of the categories in the footer section-hope that’s ok).

But when I went back to the Customize>Widgets then selected the appropriate Footer Sidebar which had the blog and the contact us, I still was not able to add a link. I also did not see the menu that I created…

Thanks,
Lisa

Nevermind, I just figured it out! I realized that I had to change the site origin widgets from the customize>widgets area to the custom menu to access it in the first place.

Lisa

Awesome, glad you got this working alright!