Adding Shapely widgets to additional pages

Hi Team Colorlib,

I went through the steps detailed throughout this post and I’m close to having it work, but somethings is off:
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/use-homepage-layout-for-other-pages/
As you can see from the screenshots. Everything seems to be working until I attempt to customize the page and widget is not showing.
Here is the code in my functions.php file contained in the child theme:

`<?php

// Queue parent style followed by child/customized style
add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘func_enqueue_child_styles’, 99);

function func_enqueue_child_styles() {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );
wp_dequeue_style(‘shapely-style’);
wp_enqueue_style( ‘shapely-style’,
get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’,
array(‘parent-style’)
);
}
add_action( ‘widgets_init’, ‘theme_slug_widgets_init’ );
function theme_slug_widgets_init() {
register_sidebar( array(
‘name’ => __( ‘Home2 Sidebar’, ‘theme-slug’ ),
‘id’ => ‘home2-1’,
‘description’ => __( ‘Widgets in this area will be shown on all posts and pages.’, ‘theme-slug’ ),
‘before_widget’ => ‘<li id="%1$s" class=“widget %2$s”>’,
‘after_widget’ => ‘’,
‘before_title’ => ‘<h2 class=“widgettitle”>’,
‘after_title’ => ‘</h2>’,
) );
}

Please advise.
Thanks!

Hi Team Colorlib,

I have this mostly working, but I’m trouble with a couple items:

1. The page is loading with header that I can’t remove. I only want to use parallax widgets on this page.
  2. Adding a parallax widget with the image set as “background full” is not working
  3. Adding a parallax section with image set to left is working, but it doesn’t fill the whole page.

I have attached screenshots of each issue.

Thanks for the help!

I was able to remove the title section and I have used the following css which did expand the page container, but not to full page width as is the behavior on the home page. There remains white padding on the page. I’m assuming this padding is also preventing images set as “background full” from loading.

#page .container{
    max-width: 1400px;
    width: 100%;
}

Any suggest?

Thanks!!!

Hi @etown,

I’m trying to figure out how to make the background-full options to work as well in the widgets. Have you had any luck?

Thanks,
Milli

Hi Milli- I’m getting closer… I did get the parralax sections to go max width by updating the header file with the following line of code:

<div id="main" class="<?php echo ( ! is_page_template(array( 'page-templates/template-home.php','page-templates/template-how.php' ) ) ) ? 'container' : ''; ?>"

Note- my new template name is template-how.php and you’ll need to update that to match your naming convention. However, this did not fix the issue with setting the image for background full or background small. I would have thought fixing the sections width issue would address this as well.

Colorlib team- Would be super helpful if you know how to fix this!! Thx

Thanks @etown! I’ve added that code to my header.php file and it’s great.

It would definitely be good if we could get some help with the parallax background-full and background-small images, please help @colorlib!

And @etown please keep me updated if you do make any progress on this - if you don’t mind!

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hi @etown,

I’ve just seen that unfortunately that the line of code you provided didn’t work for me in making the parallax go to the full width. Was there anything else that you did?

Thanks,
Milli

@etown Nevermid, I just got it!