addition css not working

Hi

Very new to wordpress sites…I like the sparkling theme… but I have added css under additional css to reduce the navbar top and bottom padding to 5px. It works after clicking the fundraising menu item… I dont understand why.

url is www.scottsdalelanes.com but that is my old site so to hit the wordpress one use www.scottsdalelanes.com/birthday-parties which will get you in but dont click how or you will go to the old - very old site.

Also when I load the birthday party page sometimes it displays half way down and I have to refresh…

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

From what I can see you’re using the same domain for both sites and it doesn’t seem to be a add-on domain either.
To fix this, you can go to menu, use a custom link to create the menu, and add http://www.scottsdalelanes.com/birthday-parties as the URL

Otherwise you’ll need to create an add-on domain, move the old site to the add-on domain, and use the new site on the main domain.I suggest you contact your hosting provider to assist you with this.

In regards to your website loading halfway, it could be a result of the customizations you’ve made to the theme.
I advise you to reassess these customizations.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi thanks for the response I’ve been developing the site side by side while the other one is still live and once I get all the issues figure it out I will just delete the old site and leave all the PHP files there for the WordPress site. That being said I don’t understand why once I click on the fundraising link in the main menu you’ll notice that the menu gets thinner which is what I want but it doesn’t load like that by default and I have added the custom CSS… I’m curious as to why it happens then

Hey there,
Thank you for keeping in touch

Thank you for the clarification.

In regards to the menu, try using the following Code adjust the padding. The main thing is the !important rule.
Sometimes you’ll need to force the custom CSS to overwrite the default style.css.

/*menu padding*/
.navbar-nav > li > a {
    padding-top: 5px !important;
    padding-bottom: 5px !important;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for some reason that code did not have any affect… But the following seems to have fixed… will I have any problems with this code?

/menu padding/ .navbar-nav > li > a {

padding-top: 5px !important;
padding-bottom: 5px !important;
}

Both the shared codes are same so what’s the difference between them?