adjusting the footer

Hi,
I would like to adjust the footer a bit. Can someone please help me with the custom CSS to achieve the following? (I’m using Shapely 1.1.2)

• Reduce the height of the footer such that the height is just enough for one line of text.
    I tried to do this with the following CSS code, but the code doesn’t reduce the height sufficiently from height < 10px.
footer#colophon {
padding-top: 20px;
}
  • footer has the same background color as header
  • footer has the same font and font color as header
    I actually had a working CSS code for this, but it doesn’t work anymore after 1.1.2 update.
footer#colophon, footer#colophon a {
    color: #0e1015;
    background: #fff;
    font-family: Raleway, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}

Thanks in advance!

Hello Vinnie,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the following CSS code to change the footer by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Footer font color*/
.footer .footer-credits {
    color: #000;
    font-family: "Raleway", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}

/*Footer background color*/
.bg-dark {
    background: #fff;
}

/*Footer padding*/
footer {
    padding: 1px 0;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!
It solved most of the problems, but there are still a few points that need to be fixed:

• The background of the footer is now white, but the text in the footer is still in white. (See: vinnieko.com)
  • I would like to have a horizontal line between the footer and the ‘main’ part of the website, just like between the header and the ‘main’ part.
  • Is there a way to vertically center-align the text in the footer, just like in the header?

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Hello Vinnie,

The color attribute can be changed to any color you need. Please delete the previous footer background color CSS code with the following:

.bg-dark {
    background: black;
    border-top: 1px solid gray;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the code. Now I have a horizontal line between the footer and the ‘body’. However, the horizontal line is significantly thicker than the one between the header and the ‘body’. I tried to thin down the line (between the footer and the ‘body’) by using:

.bg-dark {
    background: black;
    border-top: 0.5px solid gray;
}

But, the thickness doesn’t get any thinner from “1px”. Any idea how to fix this?

Further, I’m afraid some of my previous issues are not yet solved:
– The background of the footer is now white, but the text in the footer is still in white. (See: vinnieko.com There is a text in white in the footer.)
– Is there a way to vertically center-align the text in the footer, just like in the header?

Thank you again for your help,

Hey there,
Thank you for keeping in touch.

You can use the following CSS bellow which I think covers all your queries…the border won’t get thinner than that, however I changed to color so it now looks identical to the border under the menu.

/*color footer text*/
div.copyright-text {
    color: #000;
}
/*center footer text*/
.site-info.col-sm-6 {
  width:100%
}
/*footer border color*/
.bg-dark {
    border-top: 0.1px solid #e5e5e5;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks a lot! It solved all the issues except vertical centering of the footer text. Have a nice day!