after update cannot see full posts

I just updated the Sparkling theme which has been working well for my site. After the update, it is not longer possible to see full posts. In the past, clicking on a “read more” button or the title of a post on the news page went to the full post. Now, every post shows as an excerpt ending with a “read more” button, and clicking on the read more button just returns to the same place. This is really a problem. Please advise!

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Can you provide the URL to your website?

• Try clearing your browser cache.
  • Also, can you verify that all plugins are updated.

Best regards,
Support.

The plugins are all up to date. I don’t think it could be a cache issue because the problem is showing up on multiple computers, both Mac and PC, as well as a phone and a tablet. I have sent you the URL privately.

Hello there,

Thanks for keeping me updated but I do not see a private response with the URL.

You can send a private response here by using the “Set as private reply” button.

Best Regards,
Support

the URL is www.seekerschurch.org

I could confirm the issue on your shared site.

This can be child theme issue on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Sparkling theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue so just share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot it.

Thank you. I temporarily switched to the Sparkling theme as you suggested, and the problem went away. How do I send you the child theme for troubleshooting? There are several files – do you need to see them all?

Never mind. I have found the problem, which was in single.php. Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the child theme.

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: