Appearances, Customise - fatal error

I just installed the sparkling theme, and I am following your instructions to setup the “Featured Slider For Homepage” You indicate I should navigate to this menu option:
Slider Settings are located in Appearance >> Customize >> Sparkling Options >> Slider Options

However when I click on the Customize link, it goes to the page:

http://localhost/BrightonGate/BrightonGateWP/wp-admin/customize.php?return=%2FBrightonGate%2FBrightonGateWP%2Fwp-admin%2Fthemes.php

and gives me this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_add_inline_script() in C:\xampp\htdocs\BrightonGate\BrightonGateWP\wp-content\themes\sparkling\inc\libraries\epsilon-framework\sections\class-epsilon-section-recommended-actions.php on line 83

I am using wp version: 4.3.14, and Sparkling Version: 2.3.5. See attached for the class-epsilon-section-recommended-actions.php file, and where on line 83 you can see this code:

wp_add_inline_script( ‘plugin-install’, ‘var pagenow = “plugin-install”;’ );

Can you help me solve this issue??

Thanks,
SunnyOz

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Your set up seems problematic, for the one you’re using WordPress 4.3, which is deprecated.
The current version is 4.9.1. Also, it’s possible that developing locally my case some issues.

I recommend one changing your local development to Local By Flywheel which is optimal for WordPress Development, also please use the current version of WordPress

Best regards,
Support.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have updated my WordPress to version 4.9.1. Everything is working properly now. Sorry for not doing it first.

BTW: I am running my development site on localhost using XAMPP on a windows PC. I have developed WP sites locally that way for years, and never had a problem with it. I don’t need to change to another local development platform when mine works fine… but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Cheers,
SunnyOz

Hey there,

Well, I’m glad it worked out for you.
I found it strange why you’d be using WP 4.3 to begin with.

Let us know if you if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,
Support.