Blog Page

Hi

Please refer to: https://pollyannaconsulting.com/blog/

A couple of questions:

1. How do I change the colour of the default yellow buttons and purple hovers?
  2. All the highlighted content (author name and icons) and URL links are in yellow… how do I change those colours?
  3. Should I use Colorlib’s Simple Custom Post Order plug-in or Elementor (which is what I have installed)?

Thanks so much.

Lynette

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

1. You can use CSS code to add the changes by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*All hover colors*/
#comments #respond .comment-form #input-submit:hover, input[type=submit]:hover, #latest-news .latest-news-button:hover, #contact-us .section-content .wpcf7-form p .wpcf7-submit:hover, #header .bottom-header .header-button-two:hover, #blog .blog-post .blog-post-button:hover, a.button:hover {
    background-color: red;
}

/*Post meta text color*/
#blog .blog-post .blog-post-meta .post-meta-author {
    color: red;
}

1. Yes, you can use that plugin or another if you see fit.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello

Thank you for replying so quickly!

I did as instructed. But still assistance for the following:

1. The ‘READ MORE’ buttons are still in yellow, as are the icons for the date of publication, tags etc.- how do I change the colour to red?

2. How do I remove the field comments are off for this post"?
    I did this at the Customise > Blog Options > Single post (see screen grab) but do not see the changes reflected.

3. In changing the colour of the link text in the footer (I found this information on the forum), I also inadvertently changed the colour of the link text on the blog page - see screen grab.

Is there any way to code the colour for the link text on the Blog side bar separately from the footer text links?
The code I found on the support forum given was this:
/* Link text colour */
a {
color:#ffffff;
}

1. The colour of the links within the blog articles themselves are also in yellow - how would I change those?

Thank you so much!
Lynette

Hi there
I managed to remove the field “Comments are off for this post”.
Thank you
Lynette

Hi there

1.4. to change the yellow color you must change accent color in appearance > customize
3. if you want to isolate your code in footer use this style:

footer a {
color:#ffffff;
}

Hello

Thanks so much!
I managed to resolve the colour of the footer links and colour of the links on sidebar.
I was able to change colour of the button in the blog section as well.

But I couldn’t change the colour of the hyperlinks within the article. I tried using this code:
#blog .blog-post .blog-post-link, a.link {
color:#8B0000;
}

Would you be able to advise?
Thank you
Lynette

Good morning

try this code:

.markup-format a {
color: #8B0000;
}

Hi Noda

That worked! Thanks so much!

Best regards
Lynette

Good evening Lynette

That’s cool, in this case, I will close this case, let me know if you need anything else in a new ticket