Blog pictures and blog entries

Hello,

I am having some difficulties with the blog pics on my webpage. To get my image included in the recent post widget, i need to preselect a picture for the blog entry, but for some reason that picture becomes my background pic when going into the blog post itself. If i do not preselect a picture then in the recent post view i get a random picture selected by the theme…

I am also wondering how I can make the pictures smaller on the blog page, they are waaaaaay too big at the moment.
I would prefer to have a full content display so people do not have to click on the different posts to read more but I have searched forums and this “full content display” choice is nowhere to be found, not in my wordpress at least… So I am instead trying to make the pictures smaller, but haven’t found a way yet.

Would love some support since i am about to lose some of my hair :slight_smile:
I have attached some pictures to try and show what i mean, webpage is in construction mode atm and i do not have possibility to create a client login.

/Sam

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

The theme will automatically use the featured image as the header image for the blog post.

There is not an option for “full display” in the theme but you can go to Appearance > Widgets and remove the widgets assigned to the blog sidebar.

In order to reduce the image size, Click the image then edit it and select a smaller size for the image.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello there,

The theme will automatically use the featured image as the header image for the blog post.

There is not an option for “full display” in the theme but you can go to Appearance > Widgets and remove the widgets assigned to the blog sidebar.

In order to reduce the image size, Click the image then edit it and select a smaller size for the image.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello there,

Best Regards,
Support

Hello there,

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for the quick reply.

So there is no way to avoid having the featured image being used as as a header image? The header image is so big thought, doesn’t look that good when the picture from the post takes up half the page :slight_smile:

I have already tried making the images smaller but that only makes the picture look worse but the size of if stays the same.

Br
Sam

Hello there,

You can set a static image via Appearance > Customize > Blog Options > Blog Archive Header Image and set a static image that would be used for all the blog posts.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi

Sorry, maybe I am talking about different things :slight_smile:
But choosing a static image doesn’t help, the blog posts still have the featured image as header image, attached a picture of it. The picture to the left where it says “business news” is the picture I want for all blog posts and blog pages but i cant make that happen.

And the blog pictures are still so big, doesn’t matter how much smaller i make the picture itself. Attached a picture of that too.

Also, this big yellow title in the header doesn’t look too good either, but i cant take it away somehow.

Br
Sam

Hello there,

The text in the image is not in English so I am not sure where “business news” is to reference the correct image.

You can use the following CSS code to remove the header title by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/Remove header title/
#header .bottom-header h1 {
display: none;
}

The images in the ppost can be resized by clicking on the image then click the edit icon (it is a pencil icon) and this will allow you to change the size of the images in the blog posts.

Best Regards,
Support