Blog posts are now single column when static front page activated

Hi,

I decided to add a static front page but when I do, my blog goes from double column (with 1st post single column) to all in single column. Can you advise how?

Also, I followed another forum post about getting rid of the category header on posts. I added the CSS but it didn’t remove ‘blog’ from the top of over post. Any advice? I used this CSS: body.single-post .main-content-area .cat-title {
display: none;
}

I’m on sherigee.com

Thanks in advance,
Sheri

I might be having the same issue. I just added a 3rd blog post to my site, and I’m now seeing my 1st post showing in single column vs. the full width. I checked the code on that post and I don’t see anything out of the ordinary. Plus, this post was displaying fine before I added today’s post.

Can you advise? I’m at gracepaet.com

Thank you!

Hi Sheri,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I decided to add a static front page but when I do, my blog goes from double column (with 1st post single column) to all in single column. Can you advise how?

This is how it works on separate blog page than home blog page.

If you want to display the separate blog page like home blog page then try adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

@media (min-width: 768px) {
    .article-container {
        overflow: hidden;
    }
    .archive.category-blog article.post {
        width: 50%;
        margin: 0;
        padding-right: 10px;
        display: inline-block;
        float: left;
    }
    .archive.category-blog article.post .read-more, 
    .archive.category-blog article.post .entry-footer {
        display: none;
    }
    .archive.category-blog article.post .post-inner-content {
        border: 0;
        padding: 0 0 30px;
    }
    .archive.category-blog .site-main article.post:nth-child(2), 
    .archive.category-blog .site-main article.post:nth-child(3),
    .archive.category-blog .site-main article.post:nth-child(4) {
        width: 100%;
        padding: 0!important;
    }
    .archive.category-blog .site-main article.post:nth-child(2) .post-inner-content, 
    .archive.category-blog .site-main article.post:nth-child(3) .post-inner-content,
    .archive.category-blog .site-main article.post:nth-child(4) .post-inner-content {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #dedede;
    }
    .archive.category-blog .site-main article.post:nth-child(2) .post-inner-content {
        padding: 0 0 50px;
    }
    .archive.category-blog .site-main article.post:nth-child(3) .post-inner-content {
        padding: 50px 0;
        margin-bottom: 30px;
    }
    .archive.category-blog .page-1 article.post:first-child .read-more, 
    .archive.category-blog .page-1 article.post:nth-child(2) .read-more, 
    .archive.category-blog .page-1 article.post:first-child .entry-footer, 
    .archive.category-blog .page-1 article.post:nth-child(2) .entry-footer {
        display: block;
    }
    .archive.category-blog article.post:nth-child(odd) {
        clear: left;
        padding-right: 25px;
    }
    .archive.category-blog article.post:nth-child(even) {
        padding-left: 25px;
        padding-right: 0;
    }
}

Also, I followed another forum post about getting rid of the category header on posts. I added the CSS but it didn’t remove ‘blog’ from the top of over post. Any advice? I used this CSS: body.single-post .main-content-area .cat-title { display: none; }

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

Best Regards,
Movin

@graciepoo To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.