Broken Illdy Child Theme after theme update

Hi,

My site is using an Illdy Child theme, and after updating the Illdy theme the site is broken. I receive the following error:

Fatal error: Class ‘Illdy_Extended_Menu_Walker’ not found in /home/naimaa5/public_html/nini/wp-content/themes/illdy-child/header.php on line 81

This is the site: http://nini.insidelome.com/

The header is gone, as well as most of the contents of the site.

Please help, our online store is launching in July and this error is causing me a lot of stress.

Best,
Rishma

Update: I have commented out line 81 “‘walker’ => new Illdy_Extended_Menu_Walker(),” in illdy-child/header.php, and the fatal error is gone. However, none of the sections in the site show up. For some reason only the header is shown, and then the large picture of a woman as shown above. We never used this image in our site, so I’m unsure why it would be there.

In the theme customizer, when clicking “About Section”, our previous customizations still exist. However they are not showing up on the actual site when the button is clicked. Additionally, we had the name of the store NINI in the header. I have attached a small screenshot of the Illdy Child theme preview to show what the site is meant to look like.

Thank you so much,
Rishma

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Your child theme may have gotten corrupted, so in this case you can use the following plugin to create a new child theme that will use the updated files:

Before making any changes though, please make a backup using the following plugin:

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you so much. Will I be able to use the existing css and php files that are being used in the most recent version of our child theme, or will we have to start over completely?

Thanks so much,
Rishma

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

That plugin actually allows you carry over certain files from the theme that you created it from,so it is very useful in that regard.

Best Regards,
Support