Can I change post grid size?

Hi there,
Is it possible on a posts page to change the size of each gridded item so I can fit more posts per line?
Many thanks,
Ed

Hi Ed,

Didn’t understand your question you want more posts per page, or you want more excerpts per post? Can you explain what you’re trying to achieve so that we can help you with the solution.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Sorry but no, If this is not allowed from the options panel then no, you can’t do this without theme customization
Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hi guys,

Thank you for your replies!

To clarify, I was looking to modify the Shapely theme so that on the blog index page with a grid template, I could have more than two columns of articles on devices with wider screens.

I managed to find the ‘blog-grid.php’ file and edit the modulus line so that it creates a new <div class=‘row’></div> every 4 articles instead of 2.

if ( fmod( $i, (int) 4 ) == 0 && $i != (int) $wp_query->post_count ) {
				echo '</div><div class="row">';
			} elseif ( $i == (int) $wp_query->post_count ) {
				continue;
			}

I then edited the ‘content-grid-small.php’ fie to change the bootstrap col- classes conditionally…
<article id=“post-<?php the_ID(); ?>” <?php post_class( ‘post-content post-grid-small col-xs-6 col-sm-4 col-lg-3’ ); ?> >

Then the text was too big but that’s easy enough to modify in the ‘style.css’ sheet.

Many thanks!
Ed Burfield

Good evening Ed :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your solution, is your problem now resolved? ca we mak this question as a resolved?

Hi Ed,

Please do those changes in a child theme, so that it can be preserved during the theme updates.

Let us know if you have any other questions,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Iaranz,
How do I go about making a child theme?
Many thanks,
Ed

You can follow this steps:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes