can I use WPML WITH UNITE?

Hi!

Ik use a childtheme of Unite for http://www.aapjeskooi.nl/ and I would like to translate the pages with the plugin WPML. But when I activate this plugin, I see only a blanc page in de website.

Can you tell me if its possible to use WPML with the Unite theme?

Thank you,

Monique van Helden

Hi Monique,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

We have not tested the theme with WPML plugin but i think it should work fine with the theme.

If you are getting blank page after activating the plugin then can you please try temporary enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it’s set to true.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting when you face this issue.

Also you can translate the theme without using any plugin as described on the following page.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin, sorry for the delay!

I did as you told me and these issues showed:

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.0.) in /home/vhosting/i/vhost0049726/domains/aapjeskooi.nl/htdocs/www/aapjes11/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3996

Notice: De aangeroepen constuctiemethode voor WP_Widget in mypageorder_Widget is niet meer in gebruik sinds versie 4.3.0. Maak gebruik van:
__construct()
. in /home/vhosting/i/vhost0049726/domains/aapjeskooi.nl/htdocs/www/aapjes11/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3767

Notice: Constant WP_CACHE already defined in /home/vhosting/i/vhost0049726/domains/aapjeskooi.nl/htdocs/www/aapjes11/wp-config.php on line 28

Notice: Constant WP_MEMORY_LIMIT already defined in /home/vhosting/i/vhost0049726/domains/aapjeskooi.nl/htdocs/www/aapjes11/wp-config.php on line 29

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is verouderd sinds versie 4.5.0. Gebruik in plaats daarvan wp_get_current_user(). in /home/vhosting/i/vhost0049726/domains/aapjeskooi.nl/htdocs/www/aapjes11/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is verouderd sinds versie 4.5.0. Gebruik in plaats daarvan wp_get_current_user(). in /home/vhosting/i/vhost0049726/domains/aapjeskooi.nl/htdocs/www/aapjes11/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707
Aapjeskooi Peutergym, dreumesgym, kleutergym en Spel&Dans

Fatal error: __clone method called on non-object in /home/vhosting/i/vhost0049726/domains/aapjeskooi.nl/htdocs/www/aapjes11/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 2832

Is there anything i can do about that?

Monique

It seems from your shared debug messages that the following error message generated by sitepress-multilingual-cms plugin is causing the issue to display blank page so please deactivate this plugin or contact the plugin author regarding this issue.

Fatal error: __clone method called on non-object in /home/vhosting/i/vhost0049726/domains/aapjeskooi.nl/htdocs/www/aapjes11/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 2832

Well, yes Movin, thanks for looking into that. But that’s my point: I would like to use WPML to show the website in another language. I use this plugin a lot for my customers, this is the first time I get this error.
My question is: can I use the Unit theme with WPML (=sitepress multi language plugin)?

Monique

My question is: can I use the Unit theme with WPML (=sitepress multi language plugin)?

If that plugin works well with default WordPress theme then you can also use it with Unit theme.

apparently it doesn’t…

Do you mean the plugin doesn’t work well with default WordPress theme?

It works really well with a default WordPress theme. Thats just the reason I asked you if it should work with Unite as well. Apparently its not :frowning:

When you say it doesn’t work with this theme then do you mean you get blank page due to the error message described above?

Could you please share that plugin to me privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic so that i can troubleshoot the issue?