Can not edit style.css in Child Theme

I am using a child theme of shapely however…it will not allow me to edit the css directly on the style.css file from wordpress dashboard. The only way I can edit the css is via custom plugin or the additional css section in customizer.

Is this normal for a child theme of shapely? Seems like I should be able to edit the css directly on the style.css file.

Can you give me some insight here? thanks

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Typically, you would not be able to edit the style.css file without the aid of a third party plugin. Also, did you create a copy of the style.css file and placed it into the child theme?

Best Regards,
Support

Hey there,

I’m having the same issue with Shapely theme. Any changes I make to my style.css child theme don’t do show on my website. I’m only able to edit .css using additional .css. Is there any way around this? I’d really prefer to have all my edits on style.css so I can see them in one place.

Thanks,
George

Hello there,

Typically it is not recommended that you add css to the style.css file because the theme renders and stores CSS differently. So adding the CSS via Additional CSS or a third party plugin are the better options.

Here are a few CSS plugins that can be used:

Best Regards,
Support