cant access CUSTOMISE , BACKGROUND AND HEADER SECTION in APPEARANCE ??

hI ,

I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS THE HEADER , CUSTOMISE AND BACKGROUND SECTION IN APPEARANCE ,

CAN YOU HELP ME OUT ?

ALSO I NEED TO KNOW HOW CAN I UPDATE THE WORDPRESS VERSION WITHOUT ACCESSING THE SERVER

THANKS FOR THE HELP

LOVE YOUR THEME …

HI ,
I AM ALSO HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE SUB PAGES THE COMMENTS SECTION IS GIVING THE ERROR

"
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <abbr title=“”> <acronym title=“”> <b>

<cite> <i> <q cite=“”> <strike>
"

CAN U HELP ME WHAT HAPPENING ?

DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME USING WORDPRESS 4.1 VERSION ??

Hi @romel,

Always update your WordPress version to the latest version, because each version they fix so many security fixes, so it is highly recommended to update the WordPress, also make sure the theme and shapely companion plugin are up-to-date. And also, try to disable all the plugins, and see that fixes the issue. Sometimes plugins cause issues on older/newer versions.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

hi ,

thanks for u reply , i cannot update my wordpress coz of company policy …
:open_mouth:

anyways, i need to work in this settings …

i deactivated all plugins, then activated only companion plug in … but nothing seems to work …
the customise , header , and background pages go blank …

also the jetpack plugin i have not yet installed ? will it have to do anything coz of that?

yes the companion plug in is uptodate 1.0.5 installed…

i need this to work already developed half the site … also can u tell me how i can have custom headers in each page , if theres any plug in i can use…

thnx for the support appreciate it …

hi ,
there is an error in the comment section of the sub pages , i have attached a screenshot or else u can see the screenshot url : http://prntscr.com/eibneq

also when i am embedding the video widget in the sidebar,
and i put the correct yuotube id , it still keeps showing error …

i am putting lot of work and time in this site, help me sort out these troubles…
??

Hi @romel,

Those issues not occurring in our end both in the demo and the local setups, so this is just your site specific issues, without the login details we can’t able to debug the issue and what cause the issue. Can you try creating a staging site or dummy content site, so that we can check the issue?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

hi ,

what is a staging site ? how can i create that … can u give me the steps
do want to do a teamviewer session ?

or …

Hi @romel,

We can’t support via Teamviewer at the moment, staging site here means, just a copy of that website, not full content but some content just to show the error, so that we can login and check and fix the issue.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.