Can't change the number of portfolio items

Hey! Sorry for my english.

i’m having an issue changing the number of the items from the portfolio since the last update.

I want to have 30 items on my home; i’ve alredy changed the limit in settings > writing and also i touched the class-shapely-home-portfolio.php file in this lines:

‘postsnumber’ => 30
$instance[‘postsnumber’] = ( !empty( $new_instance[‘postsnumber’] ) ) ? absint( $new_instance[‘postsnumber’] ) : ’10’;

What else can i do? my website is showing only 17 items: apostroferock.com

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I just want to check here but are you using a child theme? If so then you need to make the changes to the code in the child theme also.

Best Regards,
Support

I just want to check here but are you using a child theme? If so then you need to make the changes to the code in the child theme also.

No, i’m not using a child theme

thx for the answer

Hello there,

The theme template files do not use that code anymore, it seems.
In this case, you would have to edit the portfolio template file located via template-parts/content-portfolio.php.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi, can you be more specific? What needs to be edited in the portfolio template file located via template-parts/content-portfolio.php? I checked it and it is not as straight forward as the previous solutions.
It would be great to fix the plugin so the portfolio post number on the dashboard actually works?
Unfortunately my skills just allow me to fix simple issues, this is beyond my ability.

Thanks!

HI

this question requires customization of the template files which is not supported by default, I’m sorry to say but supporting questions that are not considered by support policies affects overall support quality
But as a feature request, i will send this request to our dev team to add this as an optional in the setting