Can't put side bar on Home page/blog page

Hi! I’m just starting out with WP. I am using Sparkling theme.

I can’t get the sidebar to display on the Home page or Blog page. I tried both a) selecting Sparkling options -> Layout options -> Right sidebar (left side bar or full width don’t work either), and then leaving the default layout on each page’s settings, and b) setting the sidebar in each page settings (again, full-width doesn’t work either).

Any ideas on how this be fixed? An I missing something?

I’m making the site locally on my computer so I can’t post any links for now.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @v79val,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Sparkling theme.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin!

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve deactivated all plugins and still is not working. I read somewhere in the forum the issue could be solved by renaming front-page.php, but I don’t have this file!

If I cannot solve it from the theme, do you think it’s a good idea to use a plugin to add a sidebar? (I would rather to solve it from the theme, though).

Thank you very much for your help,

Valeria

I’m using Sparkling theme and can’t seem to get the sidebar on the static homepage. I’ve posted the question here https://colorlibsupport.com/t/cant-put-side-bar-on-home-pageblog-page/ but didn’t find how to edit it to complete the information, so I put “resolved” to close it and open this new thread.

What I wish to make is
a) To have a side bar only on the static home page and on the blog page (it shows ok on blog page)
b) That when I access the home page either from the menu or from the header, I still get the homepage with the slider and the sidebar.

I’ve tried both setting the default layout with a sidebar, and setting the default layout with no sidebar and setting the homepage to have a sidebar. But none of the options worked.

I’m developing the site locally so I can’t post any links.

I found in several replies that the solution may involve renaming or editing front-page.php. However, I don’t have that file! How could I fix this and also get the sidebar on the homepage?

Lastly, an additional question: Is it possible to align the widget areas of the homepage in columns?

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Hi @v79val,

What I wish to make is a) To have a side bar only on the static home page and on the blog page (it shows ok on blog page) b) That when I access the home page either from the menu or from the header, I still get the homepage with the slider and the sidebar.

I am confused with your above statements as you said “I still get the homepage with the slider and the sidebar.” so do you want to display sidebar on home page or not?

Is your home page static page or blog page?

Lastly, an additional question: Is it possible to align the widget areas of the homepage in columns?

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your new question here Sparkling - Colorlib Support Forum instead of replying on your existing thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Regards,
Movin