Carousel doesn't work in gallery

Hi!
I recently chose the beautiful Activello theme for my blog (that is momentarily under construction, which makes it a little difficult) partly because of the gallery in the demo version. I started trying to make one myself but there is a problem. The mozaiek Jetpack works right but when you click on an image it just opens in the same window, but doesn’t show the nice carousel. When I checked the console errors and it says the following:
Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/jpeg: “http://www.thebookdiaries.nl/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/b_Lanzarote_003.jpg”.

Can you help me fix this problem? I hope so because it would make my blog perfect when it’s back in the air in a few days :smiley:

Thanks!
Madelon

Hi Madelon,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

There are various reasons of generating error message that you shared above so instead could you please contact Jetpack support regarding this?

Or would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details and page URl URL where it is displaying privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

Best Regards,
Movin

HI,

I reacted with a ‘set as private reply’ reaction a week ago but I’m not sure if it came through? Dit you get my reaction?

Sorry i didn’t get it.

Have you contacted Jetpack support regarding this?

Also is it working fine using any default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen?

Hi,

Ok.
I started with contacting Jetpack and they started investigating and said that there were more people having the same problem as I with the Activello theme. They suggested to come to you.
I also tried a default theme and it works fine with that.
Any idea how to fix my problem?

Greetings,
Madelon

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

You should be able to see it with the password Colorlib

I could confirm the issue on your shared site.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Jetpack plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Also would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details and page URl URL where it is displaying privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

Hello,

I tried deactivating all the plug-ins but that didn’t solve anything.

I’m not quite sure if I feel comfortable with giving away my loggin for my blog. Is there something else I can try first?

Ok no issue. If you have development or test site then could you please share me that site details?

I don’t have that.

You will need the development site in the future also so could you please create it quickly using below solutions?

Ok, so this development site… not for me. I’m just a very small personal blog and I don’t understand a thing about what the tutorials say.
So I guess I’m after all sharing a log in for you so you can troubleshoot on my blog. Hope you can find out what’s wrong :slight_smile:
You can login with the following:
username: Colorlib
password: Colorlib1

While you’re at it I also have another problem. While I’m logged in I usually see the Wordpress toolbar. Not only when I’m on my dashboard, but also on my website. In the beginning I say the toolbar just fine, but now I don’t see it anymore when I’m on my website. Can you also find out what the problem for this is and help me fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for sharing the site credentials.

Have you made any changes in the theme file?

Could you please or should i delete and reinstall the theme on your site?

I did a few changes to the theme files but I copied it and tried it first. If it didn’t have the result I wanted, I changed it back to how it was…

Ok then please test it and let me know the result.

I’m sorry but I don’t quite know what to do and how to do it. I have not much experience with websites, just know some CSS and HTML. That’s why I came to you because I have no clue what to do… And because I don’t speak English very well I don’t understand most of the tutorials. That’s why I eventually gave you a login to my site…

You have to just take backup of the modified Activello theme on your site and reinstall the theme using latest version of it.

If everything works fine after updating the theme then just use it orelse use the old theme that you have taken backup of.

I am not making any changes on your site because if anything goes wrong then your site visitors will affect.