Carousel Link Color

Hello,

I find that the text in the carousel looks great in white but when using links in the slider a visited link does not look so great.

I would rather keep the general visited link color as is, is it possible to override the visited link color in the carousel only?

Thanks for a great theme.

It would be best to post your website URL, but check if this code is what you were looking for. Try to add this to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS.

.carousel-inner a,
.carousel-inner a:visited {
  color: #fff;
}

I had these links showing up as purple by default, but I used the custom CSS code on this thread to change them to white. However, the typeface has changed. It does not look like the typeface used on the demo or the rest of the theme. How do I get the font to look like the theme demo and the rest of the site? http://www.dentonandleighann.com/

It may have been because it was set to Helvetica Neue and I don’t have that font installed? I changed to verdana and no longer have times new roman on the link there.

You have replaced font to helvetica instead of default Helvetica Neue.

You can change font just for slider caption by simply adding this code snippet to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS.

.carousel-caption {
  font-family: 'Helvetica Neue';
}

Hello, thanks for your response. To be clear, I prefer the look of Helvetica Neue, but to my knowledge it is not a “web safe” font, meaning it is likely not supported on many users’ browsers.

It is not installed on my machine, which is why when I select Helvetice Neue, I see Times New Roman on the slider caption. (I think.)

It is my understanding based on this thread that Helvetica Neue would need to be embedded on my website in order for it to show on users’ computers when they don’t have it installed. Do you know if it is already embedded? My concern is that if I use Helvetica Neue, many users will not see it, rather they will see some other font (such as times new roman.)

Any advice you have is much appreciated!

What OS do you use?

Any Windows 7+ and Mac has this font by default which accounts for around 84% of the entire OS market, so it shouldn’t be a big issue. If you have installed latest available Office (I guess it was Office 2010) for Windows XP you will have that font as we.

You can setup font with fallback to regular Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif.

.carousel-caption {
  font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}