Category and Widget Underlines

Hello

I understand that it works when you try it because when I open the CSS box and paste in the code it shows as working but as soon as it’s saved and the site is refreshed the lines change size or disappear.

I’ve tried disabling plugins. I pasted the entire custom CSS above as I assumed something there was preventing the code from applying to all.

Please let me know if you can figure this out as it’s making the site look odd BUT it works on a mobile browser and you don’t seem to be addressing this at all.

Why would it work there but not on a desktop?

PLEASE can someone be curious and interested enough to get to the bottom of this?

Check www.theloveplace.co.uk on a desktop and you will see there is the line missing under the category on the second post and randomly missing on other posts on following pages.

ALL lines show on a mobile device.

WHY does this code only work for mobile browsers? What can be changed to make it apply to the desktop as well?

DON’T tell me to change it to 1px because when I do that the lines currently missing show as 0.5px instead.

NO PLUGINS are causing conflict.

COME ON! Help me!

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

The line height should stay at 1px but it may be the case that another plugin is causing an issue here so please disable an third part plugins that you may have running and then check to see if the line height remains the same.

Please update us on the results.

Best Regards,
Support

So I just told you the issue still occurs when all plugins are disabled.
I also asked if you can address and solve why the issue only appears on the desktop browser and not the mobile.
You keep replying without answering this question.

Hey @lucydm,
Hope you’re doing well today

I’m sorry about the issue you’ve been having here. The whole idea of you saving the code, then after refreshing it goes right back to where it was, seems really weird.

Reading back up the thread I realize that I didn’t mention that adding !important to the CSS could potentially solve the problem since the code without !Important can be overriden by the rule that was already set.

I’m going to ask that you do two things for me:

First, Try adding the code with !important to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS. So the code now would be:

article.post .post-categories::after, .post-inner-content .cat-item::after {
    height: 1px!important;
}

Save this and refresh the page and see if the lines still go heywire.

If you’re still experiencing this, then I’m going to ask that you move on to the next step, which is to provide me with some admin access to your site so that I can go ahead and have a much closer look and attempt to get to the bottom of this issue.

I look forward to your reply. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

It doesn’t work. I have tried it before and tried it again and it still shows missing lines on desktop and all lines on mobile.

Hey there,

As shown in the screenshot added below, I’m not seeing any missing lines or any lines that are different.
It’s pretty much the same in desktop and mobile for other pages that I’ve visited on your site.

Please try clearing your browser cache and see if that makes any difference.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Cleared cache new server shows the same issue…PLEASE can you try to fix this?

Hello

I thought that lines were missing only on desktop browsers BUT they are also missing on some mobile browsers too.

The lines ALL show on an iPhone. On other desktop and mobile browsers lines are missing. See attached photo.

This is making my site look messy and very unprofessional. Surely as the designers and creators of this theme you can fix this?

Hi

This issue is still ongoing. The line after the categories shows randomly or not at all or some browsers.

Also I would like to know how to increase the distance between the category and the line.

Please help.

Thank you.

Help?! Please help me with this! The lines separating category and post title show randomly on a desktop, are missing from the top two posts on other browsers and always show on apple iphones.

Also the missing lines change place on a browser when the screen is zoomed into.

Hey there,

Kindly add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

article.post .post-categories::after, .post-inner-content .cat-item::after {
    height: 1px!important;
}

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello

I’ve tried this code - did you not check the other two pages of conversation?

When I use 1px height then the lines missing at 0.5px show at 0.5px.

This is so frustrating - why is it that you aren’t able to help?

Lucy

Because I have to keep repeating myself, here is everything again:

• Using the above code the line between category and post on the posts page when set to 1px shows randomly as 0.5px in places or when set to 0.5px disappears randomly in places.

• The lines appear and disappear randomly. On an iphone browser they always appear. On windows Google chrome they randomly disappear, on Google chrome on other phones the first two lines are always missing and others randomly disappear.

• Today I discovered that changing the padding after the post title also affects these lines. The lower the padding, the fewer lines appear.

Is there anything you can work out from this? PLEASE don’t keep making me repeat myself, upload screenshots that get ignored and just keep telling me to try the same CSS.