Category view

Dear all,

I am new to wp so forgive my inexperience…
I’m using sparkling theme and I would like to change the layout of the category view, in particular I would like a sidebar to be shown on the category and all the posts should be just title and image with link to the full article.

How do I do that?

Thanks for your help

Hi @rns82,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

On the category page the sidebar is displayed by default as shown here Post Formats Archives - Sparkling

and all the posts should be just title and image with link to the full article.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body.archive.category article .entry-content, body.archive.category article .entry-meta {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you for your reply.

On the category page the sidebar is displayed by default as shown here https://colorlib.com/sparkling/category/post-formats/

I only get this after I click on a post not in the entire category :frowning: Do you think it can be because I set the theme on full width?

Thanks again

I only get this after I click on a post not in the entire category . Do you think it can be because I set the theme on full width?

Yes you are right. If you have set the sidebar layout to full width then it displays like that.