Change colour of navigation bars under blog post

Hello,

under a blog post there is the navigation left and right that leads to the previous or future blog post, how can I change the color of that text? And is it maybe possible to show a thumbnail of the featured image right next to the text?

Kind regards

Hi @opti8,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

how can I change the color of that text?

You can change it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Apperance -> Customize -> Travelify Other Options

#content ul.default-wp-page a {
  color: #000;
}

Please change the color value in the above code to whatever you want to use by referring the following pages.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colorvalues.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_colorpicker.asp

And is it maybe possible to show a thumbnail of the featured image right next to the text?

Yes it’s possible to achieve this by deveoping the custom code and calling the following get_the_post_thumbnail function.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin,

thank you very much, the color change worked. Do you know if I could also change the text for the topics in the main navigation bar that way and what would the custom CSS look like?
As to the “get the post thumbnail”, I do not know where to insert the code in the fuctions.php exactly but I will try around a bit.

Best regards

Hi @opti8,

Do you know if I could also change the text for the topics in the main navigation bar that way and what would the custom CSS look like?

You can change the color of main navigation menu links by using the following CSS code.

#branding #main-nav a {
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you Movin,

I tried it now and it works but for the whole navigation bar unfortunately. So the main categories are black as well and cannot be seen because of the black background and only if I hover over them. Is there a a way to leave the categories white?

Best regards

Hi @opti8,

I am not sure regarding which categories you are talking about.

Have you added the categories as main menu items or sub menu items?

Could you please share me your site URL so that i can troubleshoot it?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

yes, I meant the main menu items, sorry for the mistake. The sub menu items should be black but the main menu items stay white. With the CSS code both are black. If you need the URL can I send it in a private message?

Best regards

Hi @opti8,

Could you please try using the following CSS code instead of previously shared code?

#branding #main-nav ul ul a {
}

Best Regards,
Movin