Change FLEXSLIDER

Hi, I would like to change the behaviour of the flex slider. I would like to have the image as div background (size:cover) instead of . But I can’t find where do I need to go in order to change the code.

Could you please tell me where is the file that creates the flex slider?

Hi @mc9625,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The flexslider is displayed by the function sparkling_featured_slider written on the Sparkling theme file /sparkling/inc/extras.php on line number 190

You have to change this function in order to change the slider markup but if you make changes in the theme file then you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation so i recommend you to make changes using child theme.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks for your reply,

I’ve managed to achieve this within functions.php. Anyway I’ve noticed that $count = of_get_option( ‘sparkling_slide_number’ ); doesn’t actually work. I always get 0, even if I’ve specified another number. Actually I’ve notice this issue even in the standard FLEX Slider, it’s not related to my modification.

Is it normal?

Hi @mc9625,

It’s not normal and it’s working fine on my test site displaying the same number that i set in the theme option “Number of slide items” on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Slider options

Could you please tell me how you are testing it so that i can troubleshoot it?

Regards,
Movin