Change font and text size

I am a complete novice and putting together a website for the first time. The Illdy theme is great but -
On my iPad the words in the Jumbotron title are split (even though they look ok when I click tablet version from the customise pages on my laptop) - so I’d like to reduce the font.
This is needed for the phone screen version too.
I’ve searched the forums but can’t see how to do this.
ALSO
Is it possible to change the font itself? Both for titles and page texts.

Thank you
My half built website is at MarionHingstonLamb.co.uk

Hi,

I didn’t see any jumbotron section in this website: https://marionhingstonlamb.co.uk/ can you point us to the right page URL so that we can help you with it using Custom CSS.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Iaranz
I’m confused! when I - and others- look at the website we get to the ‘landing page’ (if that is the correct term) which has the jumbotron - ie a large photo which spans the width of the page, and the name of the website.
I don’t understand why you can’t see it. Or perhaps i have misunderstood something.
I have attached a screen grab of the what I see on my iPad when I type in marionhingstonlamb.co.uk

Thanks
Marion

Hi
I’m trying to resend the file which show the screen I see.

Hi there

This text is not the jumbotron image, its logo tagline text, you are not using jumbotron section at all,
please see jumbotron setup instruction on this page:

Hi
OK so what I have isn’t a jumbotron image. The instructional YouTube video doesn’t show the Illdy screen options that I get so I haven’t been able to follow those instructions. But I have managed to get a photo of mine on the front page which I did by clicking on the ‘background’ tab. And I’m happy with that.

BUT my question is can I change the size of the ‘logo tagline text’ so that it doesn’t get broken up when the site is viewed on a tablet or phone?
AND can I change the font of this text?

thanks
Marion

hey there

Hoppe this is what you wanted :slight_smile: please add this CSS in appearance - customize - additional CSS

#header .top-header .header-logo {
    font-size: 15px;
}

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hi
thanks but I tried this - and the text became tiny! Isn’t there a way to make the logo text just slightly smaller so that it doesn’t get broken up in the wrong places when viewed on tablet or phone?
ie I want-
Marion
Hingston
Lamb
on laptop, tablet and phone. Instead on tablet I get
Marion
Hingsto
n
Lamb

and on phone
Mario
Hingst
on
Lamb

I do hope so-
thanks
Marion

Hi
sorry! I just realised that by changing the value that you had set at 15 I’ve been able to get the text to the size I need.
Thanks!
I’m guessing that it is not possible to change the font style?

Marion

hi Marion

yes, that’s it :slight_smile:
is there anything else?

Hi
thanks- just one more question!
How can I remove the black footer?

Marion

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the following CSS code to remove the footer by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

#footer .bottom-footer {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Hi
thank you.
One final question- can you point me in the direction of instructions on how to insert a jumbotron image? NOT the YouTube on this as this is out of date. I have seen that other people have asked about this but I haven’t found a publicly available answer.
thanks again
Marion

hi Marion

Maybe its little bit old video but there is nothing more i can add to it, :slight_smile: please follow the video and let me know if something is not working if you tried other theme options and widget then you can easily utilize jumbotron section as well

Hi
well I have, I think, found where I can change the jumbotron image .
I thought I must have got it wrong because the image on my front page is so much smaller than in the default Illdy theme and much smaller than the image on my pages.
Can you tell me how to make the image on the front page bigger ?
Thanks
Marion

Hello there,

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect it?
When I look at the website link above I do not see a jumbotron image.

Best Regards,
Support