change font size in slider caption

Hi - I am having difficulty locating the code to change the size of the font on the slider pages. I would like to enlarge it. I’ve tried edited various header sizes, but none of the changes effected a change on the slider. Here is the url to the homepage: www.ovationacademy.org

Thank you for any assistance!

Slider title and caption text for Easy Bootstrap Shortcode plugin is generated dynamically. There is a file included with this plugin called jquery.fittext.js and at the end you will find function like this

})( jQuery );
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    jQuery('h3.ebs-caption').fitText(7);
    jQuery('p.ebs-caption').fitText(10);
    jQuery('.ebs-carousel').on('slid.bs.carousel', function () {
        jQuery('.ebs-carousel').find('h3.ebs-caption').fitText(7);
        jQuery('.ebs-carousel').find('p.ebs-caption').fitText(10);
    })
})

You can define title size by adding minFontSize and maxFontSize. Here is an example:

})( jQuery );
    jQuery('h3.ebs-caption').fitText(7, { minFontSize: '50px', maxFontSize: '100px' });
    jQuery('p.ebs-caption').fitText(10);
        jQuery('.ebs-carousel').find('h3.ebs-caption').fitText(7, { minFontSize: '50px', maxFontSize: '100px' });
        jQuery('.ebs-carousel').find('p.ebs-caption').fitText(10);
    })
})

There same can be done for captions as well.

Thank you so much Aigars for your quick reply and assistance! I was able to make the changes but the slide titles/captions aren’t increasing. I did notice that although the bootstrap file is listed as (active)
[top of file reads: Editing easy-bootstrap-shortcodes/osc_bootstrap_shortcode.php (active)],
the fittext file does not seem to be active
[top of file reads: Editing easy-bootstrap-shortcodes/js/jquery.fittext.js (inactive)].

I cannot find where I am can make the fittext file “active” (even though the Bootstrap plugin is active). Is this why there is no impact on the text? I even tried to use the coding you provided above as a child theme in the custom css file (with !important), but still no difference. Not sure what I am missing here…

Thank you again for assistance!

Make sure that you take my code and change only max and min font size and don’t add any extra characters. This is exactly how this code should look.

})( jQuery );
    jQuery('h3.ebs-caption').fitText(7, { minFontSize: '50px', maxFontSize: '100px' });
    jQuery('p.ebs-caption').fitText(10, { minFontSize: '50px', maxFontSize: '100px' });
        jQuery('.ebs-carousel').find('h3.ebs-caption').fitText(7, { minFontSize: '50px', maxFontSize: '100px' });
        jQuery('.ebs-carousel').find('p.ebs-caption').fitText(10, { minFontSize: '50px', maxFontSize: '100px' });
    })
})

Hi Aigars:

Here is what I have in that file:

})( jQuery );
jQuery(‘h3.ebs-caption’).fitText(7, {minFontSize:‘60px’;, maxFontSize:‘100px’;});
jQuery(‘p.ebs-caption’).fitText(10, {minFontSize:‘60px’;, maxFontSize:‘100px’;});
jQuery(’.ebs-carousel’).on(‘slid.bs.carousel’, function () {
jQuery(’.ebs-carousel’).find(‘h3.ebs-caption’).fitText(7, {minFontSize:‘60px’;, maxFontSize:‘100px’;});
jQuery(’.ebs-carousel’).find(‘p.ebs-caption’).fitText(10, {minFontSize:‘60px’;, maxFontSize:‘100px’;});
})
})

Am I missing something?

Is the fact that this file is reading as “(inactive)” at the top mean anything?

Yes, you have unnecessary “;” after pixel values. They shouldn’t be there, so that’s why I said that you should copy/paste my code instead.

Hooray! That did the trick! So glad to have the text larger and more eye catching.

Your assistance is invaluable. Thank you so much!