Change navigation menu size

Hello there,

When I go to dashboard —> appearance ----> theme ----> customize, it is odd because I can see the image I uploaded in the navigation menu but not the text of my primary menu links (which are visible in the navigation menu when I am working on individual pages).

Also, I am trying to expand the space of the navigation menu so that the logo and text has some more room but to no avail.

I tried using the following code that seemed to work from an earlier post to make the navigation font bigger and enlarge the menu that way but it didn’t work (maybe because the font isn’t showing up like I had said before?)

.navbar-default .navbar-nav li a {
text-transform: lowercase;
font-size: 18px;
font-weight: bold;
}

I attached some pictures of what I am talking about.
The site is: bgcburbank.org
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

When you customize the menu it is resizing the window so the them automatically changes the menu to an icon for smaller devices.

As for the navigation space, You can use the following CSS code to increase the navigation bar size by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there. The height value can be changed to the size you desire.

/*Navigation bar height*/
.main-navigation {
    height: 50px;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for the quick response!

What code would I use to increase the font size/boldness for the navigation menu items?

Thanks!

Hello! I don’t know how to open a ticket but I also need the code to increase the font size/boldness for the navigation menu items?

Thanks

HI there

navigate to this page:
https://colorlibsupport.com/
then choose a theme you are using and then scroll down and you will see form for new topic
im going to close this one since its old ticket