Change text colour from purple to black, etc

Hi there,

I need to do some customisation to the Unite theme I am using. The main question I have is:

1. How can I change the default colour for text I add to my pages from purple to black?

Also:

1. I would like to change the colour of the menu item button for the menu item that is the active page that I am on. eg. If I am on the photo gallery page I want the photo gallery menu button to show a different colour (blue with white text) that the other menu items which are black (with white text).

2. I have a header image that fills the left half of the space for the header. On the right half of the header I would like to add a text box and add in my email address on the 1st line, My profile on the 2nd line that I would like to link to another page and on the 3rd line of the text box I want to put my location.

How can I add this text box in that lines up level with my header image on the right side of it?

Hi @rwaite,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1) How can I change the default colour for text I add to my pages from purple to black?

The purple color is applied to the links which you can change from the theme options on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Unite Options -> Typography

2) I would like to change the colour of the menu item button for the menu item that is the active page that I am on. eg. If I am on the photo gallery page I want the photo gallery menu button to show a different colour (blue with white text) that the other menu items which are black (with white text).

You can try achieving this by using the following CSS code on your site as described on this page.

#page .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a{
	background-color: #7C39CD;
	color: #fff;
}
  1. I have a header image that fills the left half of the space for the header. On the right half of the header I would like to add a text box and add in my email address on the 1st line, My profile on the 2nd line that I would like to link to another page and on the 3rd line of the text box I want to put my location.

How can I add this text box in that lines up level with my header image on the right side of it?

To achieve this you have to develop child theme of Unite theme and develop custom code in it.

Best Regards,
Movin