Change the background of certain menu items?

Hey all, I was hoping somebody would be able to help me. I’d like to add background color/shape to one of my menu items, similar to the example in the image I’ve attached below.

Is that at all possible to do in the Additional CSS section? I haven’t been able to figure it out.

Hey there

I can help you with this, please provide link to this page and i will generate custom css for you

Hm, I think I figured most of it out. Here’s the code I used, after I enabled CSS classes in the Menu page:

/CTA MENU BUTTON/

@media only screen and ( min-width: 981px ) {
.callout-button a {
background-color: #28aee1;
padding: 15px 25px !important;
border-radius: 25px;
text-transform: uppercase;
color: #fff !important;
box-shadow: 0px 0px 30px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);
}

.et-fixed-header #top-menu .cta_menu a {
color: #fff !important;
}}

So here’s my problem now: that specific code just gives me a solid blue (#28aee1) field, because for whatever reason, my default menu text isn’t changing to white (#fff) the way it should be. (The menu text is all #28aee1). So I’ve had to make a janky fix, wherein I just change the background-color field to #DCDCDC.

Any idea how to create a button with white text on a #28aee1 field?

(Website is www.therecruitbot.com)

Good morning

Try this code:

li#menu-item-10803 a {
color: white !important;
}

but please note, if this code is not working its overridden by the higher level of the css code

Thanks for you help! It seems like the CSS couldn’t get overwritten, but I appreciate your help nonetheless!

One last thing before I go: I’ve recently changed my header to be sticky, but on my secondary pages there’s a weird miscolored bar right underneat it, before I go scrolling. Here’s a link:

Is there any way you can help me remove that purple stripe? I’m kind of at a loss for how to do it.

Again: thanks!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Please try this css:

#header .bottom-header {
padding-top: 0px;
padding-bottom: 0px;
}

Hey, that worked! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

You are welcome :slight_smile:

If you’re happy with our service, don’t forget to rate us: [Illdy] Reviews | WordPress.org