Change the purple color of the submenu items once you have clicked one

Hi,

With the css code I found here, I could change the purple color of the menu (hover en text) to what I want, but now there is still this same problem when you click on a submenu item. My website is www.wolfsetsfire.be and the menu is what I want it to be. But when I for instance click under ‘portfolio’ on ‘concerts’, the name ‘portfolio’ becomes purple and the hover of ‘concert’ purple as well.

How do I change this?

Thanks!

Hi @zambrotta,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To change that color try using following custom CSS code.

.navbar-default .navbar-nav .current-menu-ancestor a.dropdown-toggle {
    color: #5c8a8a;
}
.dropdown-menu>.active>a,
.dropdown-menu>.active>a:hover,
.dropdown-menu>.active>a:focus {
    background-color: #5c8a8a;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue on my site but I’m not sure where I’m supposed to put this code. Could you please tell me where?
I’ve tried it in the add css portion of the theme and it did not fix the problem. I’ve also gone into appearances > editor and added it there. Neither fixed the issue.

The url of my site is theprepette.com

In the dashboard, go to ‘appearance’ -> ‘customise’ -> ‘additional css’ and add the code there in the space on the left hand side (but change the color to the color you want). That worked for me.

@jules As said by @zambrotta above, you can use the code by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

Thank you both so much! I was able to fix it!

@jules You are always welcome here :slight_smile: