Change the size of a video on the front page

Hello,

I would like to change the size of the video on my front page. How can I do this?

My website is: **** - the video is at the end of the page.

Thank you and kind regards,
S.W.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the following CSS code to edit the video container size by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Video size*/
.mejs-container {
    width: 1000px !important;
    height: 500px !important;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

Best Regards,
Support

I doesn’t seem to work. I can only see half the video now. I have left it on the website so you can see it (at the end of the page)

Hi there

Easiest and most accepted way to do this is to resize video itself :wink:
try to resize video, when you resize it with CSS you will not have good results jut like this

I would like the video not to occupy the whole screen and I think that has to do with the template, not the size of the video… If I’m not mistaken, the Shapely template is making the video occupy the same space as the pictures on the home page. Please check out the website and let me know your thoughts:

https://mdm.uda.ad - the video is at the end of the page.

Thank you and kind regards,
S.W.

hi S.W.

Yesterday when I saw it it was not like this, not full width, have you changed it?
i can check this from the backend but cant promise i can fix it :slight_smile:
Please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box  

I’m sorry Noda, this website is for a course of a university and they haven’t allowed me to give access to a third party. I might just take the video off the front page and just leave it on our blog.

Thank you for your help,
S.W.

Hi,
Please, how did you get the video resized? I’d like to do the same.

Hi there,

You can use the shortcode built into wordpress as shown here How Adjust the Size of a WordPress Video
There is more details on it here Video Shortcode « WordPress Codex

It will allow you to define the size the video is shown at in the front end.
Hope this helps.

I’m sorry I can’t seem to do it. It isn’t a video that has been embeded from youtube. I uploaded it as media straight onto the Shapely website and added it to my homepage.

Thank you

i believe this can be solved by third-party plugins or by default WordPress functions like this just needs research and testing

Hello,

¿Is there any way of deleting this post or hiding the website link https://mdm.uda.ad/ I provided during this conversation?

We are receiving traffic to our website from here and we would like to stop it.

Thank you,
S.

Url is removed from the post, but i cant delete the post,

This case is closed