change 'Theme by colorlib Powered by WordPress' in footer

Hi,

I want to change the ‘Theme by Colorlib Powered by Wordpress’ in the footer by “All photographs © Wolf Sets Fire 2017. All rights reserved.”

I checked some previous threads for this, but I’m not sure how to exactly change the code as I don’t want links in the text (what must be kept and what can be changed). I already tried to do this, but suddenly got a white website and WP dashboard…

Thanks!

Hi @zambrotta,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Activello theme that contains some custom code.

That will remove whole footer text then add your own custom footer text in the Copyright Text option of theme as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi,
So i’m confused by the suggestion for using the Colorlib child theme to remove powered by Colorlib &wordpress from the footer.

When I install the child theme it looks totally different from the Sparkling theme.

Are we supposed to grab the code from the child theme and replace code in the footer for the Sparkling theme with it?

Also, I saw in another post where you recommended removing code from the extras.php template, but when I tried that the theme broke.

No offense, but why is it so difficult to simply remove these links? Would have been much more simpler if these sections could have been simply enabled or disabled.

I sure you would have far less time responding to inquiries on how to remove these links from the theme.

Hopefully i can find a solution.

Thanks

@otherwhirl The child theme shared here is for Activello theme and this is Activello theme support topic so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.