Change widget title text

Hi,

How can I change the widget title text (RH sidebar) in the Sparkling theme from all caps to upper and lower case? I am using the Sparkling Child Theme. I have found what seems to be the relevant code in the stylesheet (see below) but when I put it into the Child Theme stylesheet (changing “text-transform: uppercase;” to “text-transform: none;”) it makes the change, but breaks the theme in other ways. I have tried putting just this bit of code into the Child Theme, as well as the entire Widget section of code with similar results.

#secondary .widget > h3 {
font-size: 14px;
text-transform: uppercase;
margin-bottom: 25px;
margin-top: 0;
color: #636467;
}

Can you advise re how I might do this? Many thanks!

Update: Breaking the theme and disturbance of other elements may have been caused by my putting the code in the wrong place — before

@import url("…/sparkling/style.css");

instead of after it, but when I put the code after that line, nothing changes (i.e., the title is still all caps.)

I welcome your advice. Thanks!

Are you using our default Sparkling Child theme or tried to create one on your own?

It might be a good idea to try our blank Child Theme which is properly tested and I am sure that it should work.

Tiny changed like you mentioned couldn’t break anything else if Child Theme is created properly but it doesn’t sound like it is.

Thanks, @aigars. I am using your Sparkling Child theme. Oddly, I tried this several times before I posted and it did not work. Now it does. <sigh> The good news about my earlier mistake is that I learned how to fix a broken theme through the server’s ftp :slight_smile: And I now understand Child themes, although I haven’t yet figured out the front page sidebar issue, but putting posts there works for now.

One other question: I am using a dark background image, so the main content area and sidebar are both white. The main content area has square edges, but the sidebar has rounded edges. Can these be changed on one or the other (preferably the sidebar) so that they are the same?

Thanks.

Hi @delali,

Thank you for your reply.

The main content area has square edges, but the sidebar has rounded edges. Can these be changed on one or the other (preferably the sidebar) so that they are the same?
You can make the edges of sidebar as square edges by adding the following CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme or adding it in the Custom CSS theme options on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Other Tab -> Custom CSS

#secondary .well {
  border-radius: 0;
}

Best Regards,
Vinod Dalvi

@Vinod,

Fantastic. I dropped it into the child theme’s style.css file and it worked perfectly — the first time!

Much appreciated!

You are most welcome here, if i can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Vinod.