Changing Blog Page Title from H2 to H1

I am hoping someone can someone tell me how to change the Blog page title from H2 to H1? The other pages on my site are H1 but the Blog is set to H2. I have set up a child theme and successfully customised a few other things, but whatever additional CSS I try regarding the blog header size seems to make no change.

There are other elements on my site using H2 so I can’t just make the H2 font size larger - unless it is possible to do that for just that title…

I’m sure it must be an easy fix, but I’m new to this and can’t quite figure it out…

Hey there

Where exactly you want to change h2 to h1, perhaps i can suggest something else, this will require customization of the template and you must have enough experience to accomplish this,

Hi, I want to change the Page Title on the Blog page from H2 to H1 (the one displayed in the jumbotron). The titles of my other pages are H1 as standard and I do not want to change this, but the Page Title on the Blog page is set to H2 and whatever additional CSS I have tried does not change this. My site uses H2 in other areas so I can’t just make the H2 bigger to match the H1 titles.

Is this not possible with additional CSS? If not, I am happy to have a go at customising the template if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hello ,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the following CSS code to change the H2 style to match H1 by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

.post h2 {
    line-height: 84px;
    font-weight: 700;
    font-size: 80px;
    color: #fff;
    font-family: "Poppins";
}

Best Regards,
Support

Hi, I have tried that before after seeing it on someone else’s support ticker. I tried it again just in cas but it has not changed the Page Title. (I have flushed the cache to make sure.) Any other suggestions?

Good morning

Can i see it? please provide url and i will take a look why its not working

Sure, please note that I have changed the H2 size to 30px as it is heavily used in my shopping cart and the original size was too big. This is why I need to actually change the Blog page title to H1.

The additional CSS you sent is currently applied, but as you can see it has not changed anything.

http://racheld.sgedu.site/stitchsisters/blog/

Hello,

This css should affect only the blog title:

.bottom-header.blog h2 {
    font-size: 80px;
}

Otherwise, you would have to go to Appearance > Editor > sections/blog-bottom-header.php and change the H1 tag there.

I would recommend that you use the following plugin to make a backup before changing the templates:

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you so much, that worked!

Please could I get your assistance with one more thing? I am now struggling to resize my logo for mobile devices. It is a long thin one and is going off the edge of the screen. I have tried every bit of CSS I could find on existing posts to resize the logo, but none of them have worked.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Can you add an image of the issue? Also, what kind of device are you using to see this issue?

Best Regards,
Support