Changing font for this theme

Hello!
I’m lost on how I can change the font for this theme. Also the purple lines that show up under titles? Is there a way to change the color of that as well? Also is there any ways I can have sliding featured photos at the top of my site with a sidebar? If I could have the exactly layout of the demo view of this theme I’d be happy. My site is liawentwhere.com

Yep, exactly what I’m trying to figure out how to do!

Hey liawentwhere,

So I’ve figured out a couple of your questions. Thought I’d help.

1. Changing font

Go to Appearance > Edit CSS

Depending on what you want to change the font off, add a line such as:

body {
  font-family: 'Lora', serif;
}

See WP Playing with Fonts

1. Sliding featured photos at the top of my site with a sidebar.

Create a new page, call it “Home”

Go to Appearance > Customize

Under Activello Options > Layout Options select “Right Sidebar”
Then go back and go to Static Front Page and set as below:
Front page: Home
Posts page: Home

That should do it.

I had mine working well, but after installing a plugin, it screwed up my homepage.
The entire page is now a tiled version of all my other pages :frowning:

Hi @naztheeternal,

I hope you are well today and thanks for helping out here in this forum.

Your help here is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Movin

Thanks for the info but the homepage tip mentioned does not work
Also how do I get rid of these purple lines under my titles?

Hi @liawentwhere,

Thanks for the info but the homepage tip mentioned does not work

I visited your site and found it’s almost displaying same as demo site Activello Theme Demo - Just another colorlib.com site except the featured slider.

To display the slider on your site tick checkbox “Show Slider” on the following path

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Slider Option

Select category from “Choose a category” dropdown to use for slider
Now select number of slides to be used in slider (newest Posts from that category will be used)
Make sure you have Featured Images selected for those Posts.

Also how do I get rid of these purple lines under my titles?

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

article.post .post-categories:after,
.post-inner-content .cat-item:after{
display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks Movin!!

I was able to add the slider and get rid of the purple lines in every area except for on the right sidebar. Any tips for that? OR tips on how to change the color of the purple line?

Wait… my slider is showing up but it disappears when you hover it…Once its gone, you have to refresh the page for it to appear…also the background for the slider is gray on the left and right sides, any way to change that?

Hi @liawentwhere,

I was able to add the slider and get rid of the purple lines in every area except for on the right sidebar. Any tips for that? OR tips on how to change the color of the purple line?

You can remove them also by using the following CSS code.

#secondary .widget-title:after{
  display: none;
}
my slider is showing up but it disappears when you hover it..Once its gone, you have to refresh the page for it to appear….

I visited your site and hovered over the slider but it didn’t disappear.

Which browser are you using?

Could you please try using different browser?

also the background for the slider is gray on the left and right sides, any way to change that?

Yes you can change that by using the following CSS code.

div.flexslider {
    background-color: #fff;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Movin,
I’m using Chrome. Your tips are definitely helping me and I appreciate that!! One last question about the slider at the top. Is there a way my photos can show vertically and fill the entire slider like the following demo? https://colorlib.com/activello/ I want it to be the entire width of the page as such.

Hi @liawentwhere,

Is there a way my photos can show vertically and fill the entire slider like the following demo? https://colorlib.com/activello/ I want it to be the entire width of the page as such.

You can try achieving this by using the following CSS code.

div.flexslider .slides img {
    width: 100%;
    height: auto;
}

Make sure to use images large in width to make them appear fine.

Regards,
Movin

That worked!!! Thank you so much. I promise this is my last question lol. Is there any way to make the slider from top to bottom a little smaller? It’s huge on my site www.liawentwhere.com. I’d would like it to be the exact size in the demo.

Hi @liawentwhere,

You can try achieving this by using the following CSS code but keep in mind that reducing slider height will make your images cut.

.flexslider {
    max-height: 368px !important;
}

Regards,
Movin

yikes!!! Yes it did cut my images wayyyy too much. D you have any suggestions on how big the photo should be so that it fits and not cut out anything? It also cut out the txt in the slider as well.

Hi @liawentwhere,

This is because your images are not rectangular.

Just use the images for the slider with the size 1920 X 550 or in that ratio like 1286 X 368 and remove the above provided CSS code from your site.

You can also refer the images used in the slider on demo site https://colorlib.com/activello/

Best Regards,
Movin

For some reason it will not let me scale my photo to that size…drats

Hi @liawentwhere,

I am not sure what you meant by “it will not let me scale my photo to that size” but you can resize your images using image editing software.

Regards,
Movin

I found a site that allows me to resize, but it stretches the photo out so much, and makes it pixelated :frowning: I dont know what to do…I really need this slider to work for me

Hi @liawentwhere,

Then you can try using another online image editing site or software or hire designer to edit the images.

Editing images is out of the scope of support that we provide.

Regards,
Movin

Movin I figured it out!!! YAY!!! Now the only thing I’m having an issue with, is that the feature image in the actual posts is now cropped and is exactly like the image in the slider. Do you have any suggestions on how I can have two different sizes for the same picture. I want the featured image in the post to be the full image, not a copy of the feature image. You can look at my site to see what’s doing.