Changing margins on 'text' widget

Hello,

I am trying to change margins on the text widget.

This is my cite: jenniferbrady.ca

The text widget is currently on the “recent publications” page, but I would like to change the makings on all current and future text widgets.

I have tried the following in Additional CSS but it is not working:

.recentpublications #text-3 {
width: 1170px;
margin: 0 auto;
}

Thanks,

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Do you want to have the text content centered?
If so then why are you using a full page text widget on the page instead of the page editor?

Best Regards,
Support

Apologies…I am a bit of a newbie to this.

I don’t want the text to be centered. I would like the text to be indented slightly. Right now, the text spans the full width of the page. I would like it indented about 1.5 inches on the left and right sides.

Is the page editor the large text box in the admin view when you edit the page?

Hello there,

I added an image of the editor at the bottom.

If you add the text in the page editor then the content will automatically be indented. That is the proper way to add text to a page in WordPress.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I added text to the text editor, and it is not showing up in the actual website, even when I update/publish the content.

I did try this before thinking that this was the way to add text, but it never worked, which is why I ended up using the text widget.

What can I do to have the text in the text editor show up on the website?

Please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box  

Hi Noda,

To create a temporary login, I need an email address for you.

Hi

Please use your email address, i just need a link

Hi,

Login link is:

https://jenniferbrady.ca/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=6a7b88638fd453c1f5ff66d4a1feb787

Hi there,

Did the link work?

Just following up.

Thanks,

Hi,

I seem to have figured it out. The setting for the page was set to a builder page. I changed it to default and the text appeared.

However, it would be better to have this set up through the text widget since now that this page is set to the default template, it responds to the blog settings which I do not like.

HI there

Sorry for the delay,
well, i can check this now, but please enable link once again

Hi there,

Here is a temporary login link:

https://jenniferbrady.ca/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=0cd1249765cf4df2d0e44c272ff89153

Hello there,

I was able to assign the page template as HomePage in the “home” page so the widgets appear now.

Best Regards,
Support

Noda, what happened??

My home page is all messed up now. The picture and set up are all different.

Can you please undo these changes asap.

Noda, setting my “Recent Publications” page up as a blog page is not working. The reason is because the settings that work for the “Blog” page do not make sense for what I want for the “Recent Publications” page.

Is it possible to set the the “Recent Publications” page as a builder page, and use the text widget with indented margins?

Can the text widget not be set up to have indented margins? Right now it displays text completely across the page.

Don’t worry about it…I changed everything back. Please do not make changes that will affect other pages.

Hi there

Is everything normally now?
That was not me