Changing the footer

Ive tried changing the footer to remove the Poweredby…etc. in my child theme by using the footer that was uploaded here on the forums to be used in a child theme. That works ok in that it changes the text, but the problem is that the ‘back to top’ arrow is then no longer visible.
Im guessing im missing a file, or a path, or a function call or something.
Anyone help out?

Hi @spagbol23,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening ans also share me the child theme you are using on your site so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

n0n.co.uk

I tried attaching my footer, didnt work. Im not using my child-theme footer at the moment anyway, im sing the original footer from Shapely, but my child-theme footer is the same footer you posted yourself on this forum to help someone else change the ‘Poweredby’ section.
Like i said, it does work in as far as i can change the ‘Poweredby’ wording, but the ‘Back to Top’ arrow disappears.

here was the thread where youd posted the footer that ive been trying to use in my child-theme:
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-to-change-footer-info/

I can see the back to top button on your site n0n.co.uk when i scroll to bottom as shown in the attached screenshot and it is working fine.

I can also see javascript error message on your site in the browser console which is occurring due to loading jquery file from http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.12.4/jquery.min.js in your site.

Are you loading this file in the child theme or is it getting loaded by any plugin?

This can be due to plugin that you are using on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Ok, so now I am getting the impression that english is not your first language.
Of course it is working because i have not adjusted my child theme.
Let me adjust it and i will come back here to inform you to take another look.

OK, take another look.
Thats using the footer from the child-theme you posted in
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-to-change-footer-info/

oh and thanks for the heads-up on that jquery error. I have no idea whats causing that.

I have tested it on my test site using the child theme shared in another topic and the back to top functionality is working fine for me.

If you have made any changes in that child theme then please share me your modified child theme so that i can troubleshoot the issue.

Also have you read my following reply posted previously?

This can be due to plugin that you are using on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Ok i tried deactivating all my plugins, but i still don’t see the back to top button.
So i attach my child theme.

I tested your shared child theme and found the issue was occurring because you had not declared the custom function custom_shapely_footer_info in the child theme which is called in the footer.php file.

I have resolved this issue in child them and attached it in the next private reply so please try using it.

Here’s the child theme.

Ah man, thanks for that. It works now.
Just got to sort out that query error now.

By the way, can you check for jQuery again? I appear to be getting 3 errors now:
[Error] ReferenceError: Can’t find variable: jQuery
Global Code (n0n.co.uk:412)
[Error] TypeError: undefined is not a constructor (evaluating ‘new wpntView()’)
(anonymous function) (admin-bar-v2.js:4:107)
i (jquery.min.js:2:27455)
add (jquery.min.js:2:27750)
ready (jquery.min.js:2:29819)
init (jquery.min.js:2:25186)
init (jquery-migrate.min.js:2:3143)
n (jquery.min.js:2:420)
(anonymous function) (admin-bar-v2.js:3:440)
Global Code (admin-bar-v2.js:67:134)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (bootstrap.min.css.map, line 0)

Actually i managed to fix the bootstrap error.
Just the first two errors to fix now.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your other questions here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.