Child Theme: Header Image Not Full Width

Hello!

I recently uploaded the child theme so that I could use Meta Slider, and my header image no longer goes full width. See www.howdareshe.org. How do I fix this? I don’t see any options in the menu.

Cheers,
JEssica

Sorry! A few refreshes later and it was only the “customize” preview page that was off - we’re back up and running with this! TY!

Sorry, I spoke too soon! This is NOT yet resolved.

Hi Jessica,

The child theme shared in the following topic is not for header image but for header slider.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/adjust-slider-size-for-right-side-bar/

Please see the reply posted in your following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/child-theme-and-slider/

Best Regards,
Movin

Hey there! I checked out that thread and it doesn’t seem to have anything about the header image change that happened when the child theme was activated. In the attached screenshot please see the buffer around the image. Previously this went full width.

And when I’m in the Customize panel, it doesn’t display as it does live, so I can’t tell what changes are effective (see second screenshot).

The third screenshot shows how the (old) header image used to fill that area.

You can try making it full width by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Travelify Other Options

#branding > .container {
    margin: 0;
    max-width: 100%;
}
#branding #site-title a img {
    max-width: 100%;
}

Thanks for providing that code, but it only worked for desktop. On mobile, it spreads the image to the right of the margin, but not the left.

Thanks for providing that code, but it only worked for desktop. On mobile, it spreads the image to the right of the margin, but not the left.

Use the below CSS code to make it work on mobile devices also.

hgroup#site-logo {
    margin-left: 0;
}

As always, amazing and THANK YOU!!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: