Child Theme not Working

Hello I already edit my site using parent theme.
But I decided to edit my site using child theme but i activate my child theme and my site back to normal.

Then I try to edit my style.css from my child theme for modification but when I try to change nothing happen to my theme.

I have this code in my function.php

<?php
// Queue parent style followed by child/customized style
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'func_enqueue_child_styles', 99);

function func_enqueue_child_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
    wp_dequeue_style('shapely-style');
    wp_enqueue_style( 'shapely-style',
        get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css',
        array('parent-style')
    );
}

and

for my style.css

/*
 Theme Name:   Shapely Child
 Theme URI:    https://colorlib.com/shapely/
 Description:  Shapely Child Theme
 Author:  
 Author URI:  
 Template:     shapely
 Version:      1.0.0
 */ 

**and i add some modification here**

Can you help me this time?

Thanks

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

In order to add the CSS code to the theme you need to go to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there. The style.css file is not a good option because when the theme is updated the changes made there will be deleted when the theme is updated.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello!

So meaning even i use child theme. Still need to edit from Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS?

Thanks

Just want to confirm because. I read some article on this forum about creating a child theme and how to use inspect element and make experiment and modify it then paste to child theme’s style.css.

Now I got confused to using a style.css from child theme is not a good option. Supposedly use Additional CSS ( I also read that using a Additional CSS from parent theme then when a theme have a update nothing will happen with the design because the code will save to database).

In this case what would you suggest edit this theme with Additional CSS or using a Child theme?

Thanks for answers

Hello there,

Correct, even with a child theme you should use the Additional CSS option. Adding CSS to the addition CSS option works just are it would if you used style.css. So what you would do is enable the child theme and add any new CSS to the them via the Additional CSS option.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Support

Ok great thankyou!