Client section not working

Hi,

I’ve read through the posts of other people having the same issue with not being able to add/delete in client section. I have checked javascript console and only google maps api error is showing. I’ve updated to PHP 7+ version. I’m currently in the latest version of shapely. Not sure what else to check. Can you please help? Thanks.

Hi @haven787,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Also could you please try using latest version of Shapely theme by downloading it from the following page?

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks Movin! It works, however, when I uploaded the updated theme you provided, it created a new theme in my wordpress so there’s two shapely themes now. When I did a live preview of the updated theme, it shows the original shapely elements and removes the customizations I’ve done. Is there a way to keep my customizations and just update the theme to fix the client section?

Thanks Movin! It works, however, when I uploaded the updated theme you provided, it created a new theme in my wordpress so there’s two shapely themes now.

You can remove the old Shapely theme.

When I did a live preview of the updated theme, it shows the original shapely elements and removes the customizations I’ve done. Is there a way to keep my customizations and just update the theme to fix the client section?

Could you please tell me which original shapely elements it’s displaying and which customizations you have made are removed by it?

Alternatively instead of using new shapely theme you can just try updating the theme file /wp-content/themes/shapely/inc/widgets/widget-home-clients.php with the attached modified file in your existing theme.

Just a quick look, the elements such as menu, site logo, button color, css are not migrated. There might be others but I didn’t explore fully the live preview.
I did use the file you sent me however it didn’t work.
Is there a different way to fix this or update the theme without losing my customizations?

Just a quick look, the elements such as menu, site logo, button color, css are not migrated. There might be others but I didn’t explore fully the live preview.

Can you reconfigure again it?

I did use the file you sent me however it didn’t work.

Could you please tell me how you used that file?

Is there a different way to fix this or update the theme without losing my customizations?

Have you checked it for plugin conflict as described above?

Yes I could reconfigure it but I was hoping for a more straightforward way to update the theme. And also I’m afraid it might have broken something else.

I uploaded the file and replaced the existing .php file with the file you sent.

Have you checked it for plugin conflict as described above?

haven787, I’ve had the same issue and tried the solutions proposed by Movin on this and other pages.

Here is what worked for me:
wordpress dashboard > appearance > Under ‘homepage’ expand the client section
From here my add and delete buttons function. Hope that helps!

Whoops, I forgot the total path… my mistake. It should be
wordpress dashboard > appearance > widgets > Under ‘homepage’ expand the client section

@movin i forgot to mention, yes i did already deactivate my plugins to check but still it was not fixing the issue. cmagnet’s suggestion worked for me. thanks for all your help!

@cmagnet thanks for your help! it’s a workaround but still better than not being able to use it.

@cmagnet Thanks for helping out here in this forum.

Your help here is really appreciated.

@haven787 We use the client widget in WordPress dashboard > appearance > widgets and i was assuming you were using the client plugin from here.

If you were not using it from there then could you please tell me from where you were using it?

@movin under Dashboard > Appearance > Customize, and then widgets. It is not working from there.

@haven787 Thank you for providing that information.

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the issue to the theme developer on the following page so that it will be fixed in the future version of theme.

ok great thanks movin

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: