Color of sidebar menu items

Hi - I want to change the color of the sidebar menu list items (“How to sell to us” and so on) to black. I have tried changing the color of .menu, #menu-sidebar-menu, .menu-sidebar-menu-container and #nav_menu-2 but to no effect. Where am I going wrong ?

usphilatelics

I used this code that includes what you are looking for:
body.page .container.main-content-area { width: 95%; padding: 0; overflow: hidden; } #secondary .widget *, #secondary .widget a { color: #000; font-size: 16px; } hr { background-color: #bbb; color: #bbb; border: none; height: 4px; width: 100%; }

Hi @blackjack84,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#secondary .widget_nav_menu li a {
    color: #000;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin - thanks for that, it worked a treat. I would appreciate any tips on how I could have found that out for myself.

Hi blackjack84,

If you’re in Firefox or Chrome, you can right click on the element that you want to look into, and select “Inspect Element”. You can see the css that’s applied to the element, and (on the attached pic) you can see my css that I applied to it. In my example, I changed the color of all anchor tags within the sidebar.

Thanks - lots of learning to do !

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: