Comments Box on Main Page When Using Blog With Sparkling Theme

Hey. Hopefully this one will be easy to resolve.

I have a blog set up with Posts on the main page, displaying each full post (ie. not excerpts). If you click the title of any individual blog post, and are taken to its specific page, there is a “Leave a Reply” Comments Box at the bottom.

However, on the main page, it’s not there. There is a small “Leave a Comment” button at the top of each post, but nothing at the conclusion of the post. I would like to see the “Leave a Reply” box at the end of each post on the main page, or at the very least have the “Leave a Comment” button on the bottom. I believe comments are enabled by JetPack.

Is there an easy way to fix this? Or do I need to add a different Commenting plug-in?

Thanks!

Hi @sinistercinnamon,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You will have to develop child theme of Sparkling theme and add custom code in it to achieve this.

Alternatively you can try achieving this using the following plugin.

Best Regards,
Movin

I guess I’ll have to figure out how to add a child theme. Do I create one from scratch, or is there a template for a Sparkling child theme?

I have my individual blog pages configured to display the “Leave a Reply” and Social Media share buttons at the bottom, but as mentioned they do not appear at the bottom of each post on the main home page of the site.

How do I add these features with the child theme?

Also, I have already added a couple of lines of custom CSS at Customize - Sparkling Options - Other - Custom CSS. Can I leave those there, or should I move them to the child theme section once it’s been created?

Hi @sinistercinnamon,

I guess I’ll have to figure out how to add a child theme. Do I create one from scratch, or is there a template for a Sparkling child theme?

I have attached Sparkling child theme template to this reply for your convenience.

I have my individual blog pages configured to display the “Leave a Reply” and Social Media share buttons at the bottom, but as mentioned they do not appear at the bottom of each post on the main home page of the site.

How do I add these features with the child theme?

You have to overwrite Sparkling theme template file content.php in your child theme and edit it to display the “Leave a Reply” and Social Media share buttons.

Also, I have already added a couple of lines of custom CSS at Customize – Sparkling Options – Other – Custom CSS. Can I leave those there, or should I move them to the child theme section once it’s been created?

You can leave the custom CSS code there or if you want to then you can move it in to child theme style.css file.

Best Regards,
Movin