Counter Not working after attempt at making a Child Theme Using OCCT plugin

Hi,

Here is my site. www.mycomputergenie.com/charleston

My counter WAS working. I made a backup of my site date base before I added the plugin called One-Click Child Theme. I made a child theme. I was working to update the text and colors on the child theme. And by the time I got down to the COunter, I noticed the numbers and widgets had moved over, but they weren’t counting anymore.

Then I went back to parent theme Illdy and mnoticed the counters weren’t working there either.

I removed the plugin and would like help to solve my issue, but I would like to know the best way to create a child theme via plugin (one that works) and doesn’t destroy the Illdy theme.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am mainly viewing in Chrome, but have checked in Firefox. The Pre-loader (in Firefox hangs at 99% for a long time, and this has only been happening since the child theme was loaded and erased.

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Be sure to follow the tutorial listed in the details.

Best regards,
Support.

Thank you for your reply.

I am downloading the plugin you suggested. FYI. If I load my page on a device that I haven’t seen the site before, then the counter seems to work. I have cleared the cache on all my browsers I am using and still don’t see the numbers counting. The labels are there “Counter 1” Counter 2" but no numbers.

MAY I ASK ANOTHER QUESTION?

My testimonials (setup through Jetpack and Testimonials post section) are not working. Originally, I had simply added them through the customizer, but when I made the child theme above , then everything seemed to go crazy. I then followed the instructions to make the and ennable the Post Type Testimonials but it is still not showing.

My website is www.mycomputergenie.com/charleston

Thank you for your help.

ALSO, everytime i make a child theme, then I get the message on the left sidebar, PLEASE INSTALL ILLDY COMPANION. I have already installed the COmpanion. Everything is updated to the latest version and this will not let me change the DESCRIPTION in each front page section. Very frustrating.

Please help. This doesn’t happen using the Parent and original Illdy.

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here but the counter seems to work on Chrome.

It would also help to clear your WordPress cache because the previous plugin may actually have some files that are still active even after deleting the previous child theme plugin. Please try using the following plugin to clear your WordPress cache then reload the page and check the counter:

Best Regards,
Support